• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    In case you haven't heard, "V" is a remake of a 1980's movie, and hilariously resembles recent political happenings.

Left Lashes Out at ‘V’, Obama-Friendly ABC Purges Showrunner…

Last night a brave and insightful documentary was aired that accurately portrayed the wave of ObamaMania that swept the nation. It was called “V” and aired on ABC to mostly rave reviews and tremendous ratings.

There was another documentary about the Obama campaign on HBO, but that left out a lot of relevant facts, so spaceships and lizard-people aside, ABC wins the veracity award.

v_the_series-29.jpg

The parable is, an attractive group of aliens show up, out of the blue, and offer universal health care, advanced technology and world peace in exchange for our trust and devotion. All we have to do is believe everything they say without question. Which means, don’t ask anything about their hidden motives or past associations because that would be racist impolite. In fact, one reporter who is offered an exclusive interview with their leader is admonished not to say anything negative or they would be denied access (Hi, Fox!).

And what do you know, the aliens are really here to eat us. And maybe even take over our car companies and banks. That part is unclear. But I’m sure they will reduce unemployment, because there will be less people looking for work. Oops, I guess “V” has nothing to do with Obama, because he sure isn’t doing well on that front. But anyhoo–

The New Republic’s Jonathan Chait was outraged by the pilot. Outraged, I say!
    This is not just a right-wing worldview but the worldview of the paranoid Tea Party movement. I’m really not sure how this made it onto network television. Maybe the calculation is that Glenn Beck will start urging his viewers to watch and a ratings bonanza will ensue. (I don’t expect scientists will be the scapegoats in the new series, as the original “V” alien campaign to tar scientists as a fifth column sits uncomfortably close to the current right-wing view that the world’s leading scientific organizations are conspiring to suppress evidence that global warming is a hoax.)
    Ah, it’s Glenn Beck’s fault. He’s the new W, don’t you know. The New York Times critic said “V” was unrealistic because no one would trust attractive strangers with a hidden past and motives, who told them what they wanted to hear in such a short amount of time. Yeah, right. Like that would happen.

Naturally, when a show debuts to huge ratings and mostly great reviews, the producer’s career is golden. Not this time. Apparently the network who gave Obama an infomercial and refuses to release the “Path to 9/11″ decided to replace the show runner Scott Peters before the pilot even aired. In fact, ABC hosted a big visit by press people last Monday, but Peters was notably absent. Exec producer Steve Pearlman spoke with the reporters.

Peters has been demoted to exec producer, a largely honorary title and has been replaced by former “The Shield” and “Chuck” alum Scott Rosenbaum.

Was this a case of ABC purging a political dissident from the show to make it more politically subservient? ABC has been very pro-Obama. And while the president’s name is never mentioned once in the show, there’s little doubt what they’re getting at. Critics of the “V” aliens are shown to be viewed as wackos and fringe people, the same way the MSM likes to portray ordinary Americans who don’t drink the kOOl-aid. Journalists who question the motives of the V are treated like they’re “not real news”. Wink!

The show has been very entertaining so far. It tries to get a lot in the first episode so things move very fast. I guess that’s why the NY Times guy found it so unbelievable. After all, lefties were questioning if Obama was black enough in 2007 before they became full on acOlytes a year later.

We’ll have to see if Rosenbaum’s episodes will feature positive portrayals of the “V’s” “death panels” and their reduction of the human population as lowering our carbon footprint and “saving the planet.”

One thing’s certain, I doubt the “V” would find too many people in this administration very appetizing.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Does the show have a frumpy, hateful, conspiring alien that goes to other countries just to anger them? How about an alien with big wild eyes and a permanent grimmace on her face? Or a leader who cannot speak with reading the words from a pane of glass put before him?

Now, those characters would really be unreal.:cool:

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    How about an alien with big wild eyes and a permanent grimmace on her face?
    Well, it does have an alien with a plastic face and a plan for enslaving humanity through "entitlements" and "progress". Of course, she's much hotter in the TV dramatization... :naughty:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Yeah, I feel in a difficult position now. The pilot was excellent and I can see why the abomination known as the Obamanation would be royally ticked. But do I continue to watch it now that they have fired the guy behind the show. Seems like it is rewarding them. But if ratings drop off they will say it is because of the anti-Obama tilt that turned people off... I think my head make explode figuring this one out...

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Wow!

This is REMAKE of an 80's show. I believe the aliens likely put the same conditions on the reporters in the original. Someone who's really bored please look that up!

Otherwise I think they'll make the media the compliciate scapegoats.... I watched it it was pretty good.

EDIT: I also would make lizard babies. She gets 5 INGO stormtrooper hip thrusts out of 5.

Last edited:

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Premiered Tuesday or back when I was 13. Take your pick

13? In '82? Lordy, I feel old sometimes anymore...:rolleyes:

So, in the show, is the second in command a blundering screwball who couldn't tell the truth if he was held at gunpoint, and looks like the oddball uncle everyone avoids at family gatherings? :popcorn:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    13? In '82? Lordy, I feel old sometimes anymore...:rolleyes:

So, in the show, is the second in command a blundering screwball who couldn't tell the truth if he was held at gunpoint, and looks like the oddball uncle everyone avoids at family gatherings? :popcorn:

Upon furthe review 14. Feel better? :D

Nice one about the second in command.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    That was nice! :D

The thing I really liked about the new one was the references to our current "change" and such. Really teaches folks that "change" can come in many guises. With the revisions made on the remake as opposed to the old one, I wonder what they are doing to humans then? Is it still for water and harvesting humans as food or will it be a slavery thing?

Gotta get me Teflon ammo! (if anyone remembers the old show, they will get that!)

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I watched the first episode- and loved it. When they aliens offered "universal healthcare" and they used those same words... I cracked up laughing, it was so pertinent.

It comes highly recommended from this sci-fi lover.

Top Bottom