• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I can only say that they "ALL" suck.........all of them.
    Take away lane width on a street for freaking bicycles that do not use them asd they are out in the flow of traffic.....whos bright idea was that.

My hot button ... work downtown and most cyclists I've seen think that traffic laws only apply to cars. They love to run red lights.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can only say that they "ALL" suck.........all of them.
    Take away lane width on a street for freaking bicycles that do not use them asd they are out in the flow of traffic.....whos bright idea was that.

I think yer Republican Mayor made that happen didn't he? Louisville has them too. I've yet to ever see a bike lane used. But I've seen a few cyclists in the street. Go figure.

And Colorado - don't forget Colorado.

Yep. Years ago when my very lefty SIL moved out there, she complained that Colorado was too conservative. Now she's in lefty heaven....or maybe utopia...whatevertheycallit. Ironically, she now complains about taxes. The cognitive disconnect would be amusing if it only affected them.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    What do you find useful? What does churchmouse find useful? if there's a difference, I guess you vote?

If I could pay my taxes based on what government goods and services I use. I have no children but some of my taxes go to schools. I don't use it and have no need for it as an example. I might need the police or fire department someday so I have use for them.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Hell, no cherry picking required. Look the threads up here. And I've seen republicans wanting all the same things and more right here in my county. Look at Carmel. Nary a democrat to be found in the place and they've approved every damned thing their big spending council and mayor have wanted. It's equally as bad on both sides of the aisle.

Could you link to a few such posts for reference?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If I could pay my taxes based on what government goods and services I use. I have no children but some of my taxes go to schools. I don't use it and have no need for it as an example. I might need the police or fire department someday so I have use for them.

Now that's a plan I could get behind.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    "I have voted for every park, every library, all the school improvements, for light rail, for anything that will make this city better. But now I can’t afford to live here anymore."

Un ****ing real.

"Someone needs to step in and address the big picture."

Finally, now we can get to the real issue - sending all liberals to the moon.

It's about time.

They're already on the Moon! Try Mars.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

We are not in Texas, but if we see someone like this in Indiana consider our actions once we observe his.

This is a guy that needs to be kindly, compassionately, lovingly welcomed over to thinking about things in a fiscally conservative manner!

If we just beat up on him for his past actions and deride him, he will naturally recoil and be defensive. However, if he is approached with kindness, "Hey buddy, I just saw what you wrote and I'd like to talk with you about what you said." This is the way to get their side to a net -1 and the fiscally responsible side to a +1. A big accomplishment.

Then, with a person like this who is touting fiscal responsibility he will have far greater ability to convert his own kind. It is like helping an addict. A former addict is so much more effective talking to someone who is suffering with an addiction because of the understanding and empathy. Likewise, a former "spend it all it is good for the city" who turns to "not if we can't afford it" will be able to reach the spenders in a way that we can never do.

Sometimes a person can have the perfect message but be a lousy messenger. Kindof like people who scare folks in Texas by carrying things not normally seen. It can cause a huge backlash - EVEN IF THEY ARE IN THE RIGHT!

But a guy who was once a "leftest" now on fire about his errors can be far more productive than a hundred conservatives saying "we told you so we told you so you are a bunch of idiots."

The point I am trying to make is when we see someone who was a spender or a gun control person starting to come around this is the time to reach out with kindness and words of encouragement to bring them the rest of the way. We are the choir. This guy wasn't even in the congregation, but he is outside listening. Help him through the door.

Regards,

Doug

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Austin, Texas: When the bill comes for the tax-funded feast, Leftists dine and dash.

“It’s not because I don’t like paying taxes,” said Gardner, who attended both meetings. “I have voted for every park, every library, all the school improvements, for light rail, for anything that will make this city better. But now I can’t afford to live here anymore. I’ll protest my appraisal notice, but that’s not enough. Someone needs to step in and address the big picture.”

This is from Austin, Texas but it is the same old story everywhere. I want the dog park and the cricket pitch, but have someone else pay the tab.:D

Liberal Austin homeowners surprised to find they have to pay all the taxes they voted for « Hot Air

This article is another right-wing red herring designed to whip conservatives into a slather. The "leftist" taxpayer in question bought her home in the Bouldin Creek neighborhood of Austin in 1991 (a 1930s bungalow). Bouldin Creek has since become a very desireable neighborhood and property values have skyrocketed (notice that she is not protesting the tax rate but only the appraised value of her home).

The issue here is gentrification, not property tax rates (although the taxpayer's quote was either taken out of context or she appears to be conflating the 2 issues). That said, I still have limited sympathy for someone complaining that their home value has skyrocketed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This article is another right-wing red herring designed to whip conservatives into a slather. The "leftist" taxpayer in question bought her home in the Bouldin Creek neighborhood of Austin in 1991 (a 1930s bungalow). Bouldin Creek has since become a very desireable neighborhood and property values have skyrocketed (notice that she is not protesting the tax rate but only the appraised value of her home).

The issue here is gentrification, not property tax rates (although the taxpayer's quote was either taken out of context or she appears to be conflating the 2 issues). That said, I still have limited sympathy for someone complaining that their home value has skyrocketed.

"I’ll protest my appraisal notice, but that’s not enough. Someone needs to step in and address the big picture."

So the "big picture" she wants addressed is to make her tax appraisals lower? :laugh:

I'm still laughing.

Top Bottom