Legal Jihad to Silence Christian Action Network?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    cover.jpg

A group called the Muslims of the Americas is threatening to sue the Christian Action Network [1] (CAN) for a YouTube video [2] where an MOA member is confronted at the Muslim Day Parade in Washington, D.C. in September by several citizens concerned about the group’s extremism and paramilitary training of its members. (Full disclosure: I work as a national security researcher for CAN.) Unfortunately for MOA, the tape in question was made by members of the American Congress for Truth [3], not the Christian Action Network. The MOA is reacting to CAN’s pressure by trying to silence the organization and label them as anti-Muslim hate-mongers that are part of an evil Zionist plot.
    The legal notice [4] denounces the ACT members’ characterization of MOA’s isolated communities as “compounds” and “training camps” as being “false and defamatory” but does not deny that paramilitary training takes place at these sites. In December, CAN published a YouTube video [5] showing excerpts of two tapes provided to me as the national security researcher for the organization by a confidential law enforcement source where MOA’s female recruits are seen receiving guerilla warfare training at their headquarters in New York called “Islamberg.”
    They are seen practicing the scaling of fabricated walls, combat involving knives and swords including throat slitting, moving with stealth, marching in military formation and fatigue, and simulating ambushes culminating in firing guns into a lake. The second tape explains the meaning behind this training. Two leaders from MOA are shown declaring the United States a Muslim country and warning that they “will not stand idly by and let our country be destroyed” and they will defend it from both foreign and domestic enemies targeting Muslims.
    Islamberg responded [6] to this latest tape with a bizarre video of their own on their YouTube channel accusing CAN of “media terrorism” by using a “digitally-created Muslim hate video.”
    The legal notice also tries to discredit an earlier tape uncovered by CAN showing MOA’s Pakistan-based leader, Sheikh Mubarak Ali Gilani, giving his recruits firearms training and instruction on detonating explosives, killing guards, hijacking vehicles, and other aspects of the jihadi trade. On the tape, Gilani is seen telling his viewers that if they are interested in his “advanced training courses in Islamic military warfare,” they can contact his International Quranic Open University offices in Pakistan, the U.S. or Canada.
    The MOA lawyer that wrote the notice claims that the offer to train Muslims was “computer generated” and says that everyone on this tape are part of the Kashmir Liberation Front and none are Americans. This latest video showing training at Islamberg, which was released after the legal notice was published, easily rebuts any denial that training is being offered to Americans.
    On November 27, eight days after the threat to sue CAN was written, the MOA website published a rant [7] by Sheikh Gilani that only served to further expose his extremism. He describes CAN as a “Zionist front group” that are “mere pawns of a larger, futile plot to destroy Christian-Muslim unity.” He compares CAN’s campaign against MOA to his perceived Israeli manipulation of the U.S. government to get it to invade Iraq and make it “a virtual slave of the Zionist World Order.”
    He also claims that Israel was behind the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, and that “evil, inhumane masterminds” carried out the 9/11 attacks and blamed it on Osama Bin Laden and other Saudi “activists” to facilitate the invasion of Afghanistan. He continues, saying “they sent Daniel Pearl to target me.” Gilani has previously claimed that Pearl was part of an assassination plot against him and that he is still alive. Pearl was on his way to interview Gilani when he was kidnapped and beheaded, and although Gilani was detained and released and not charged with involvement, these statements establish a motive for wanting Pearl dead.
    His anti-Semitic extremism really shines through when he discusses Jews. “…I have never seen, in the whole of my life or even in the past thousand years, a Jew who will tell the truth,” he says. In one of his poems, Gilani also described [8] Jews as “an example of human Satans.”
    Gilani claims that he will be succeeded by the Mahdi, the messianic figure of Islam, who he claims to have met and even introduced to some of his disciples. “He is in his thirties and will appear to all at the age of forty,” Gilani writes, adding that the Mahdi will declare himself during the hajj in Mecca and that Jesus will arrive at the Dome of the Rock to unite Muslims and Christians after his appearance. He also says that he knows and has met Jesus in the first heaven. He finishes with saying that Muslims are not afraid of death and love martyrdom more than the Zionists “love their gold, jewelry, women and wine.”
    The members of MOA believe Sheikh Gilani speaks on behalf of Allah and follow his every word. He says he is a descendant of the Prophet Mohammed. On the propaganda tape received by CAN, one of the MOA speakers says that they follow Sheikh Gilani as Catholics follow the Pope. With thousands of followers in the U.S. ready to act on Gilani’s single command, we cannot give into the threat of a legal jihad to silence us from warning about this threat.

lumpy39us

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Well If they can get away with it so can the God Fearing Americans. We need to set up Christian based "Spiritual Warrior Camps".
    How is it that, according to various sources on the Internet not verified true, Reports of fully automatic gun fire from Islamabad, have gone ignored?
    Is the BATFE SCARED?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Hmmm, I've got mixed feelings on this one. But, they are pretty much right. Our government does protect their right to religion. Just as it protects ours to be Christian or to worship whatever we want or nothing at all. If the government or several groups of people were coming down hard on the Christians, we both know that there would be camps like this all over the country for Christian Americans. I thought it was pretty sick that Fox News said that the camp was up to some "sinister" things and then showed a guy shooting a handgun...huh. I guess we're all pretty sinister on this forum, since this is a gun owner's forum. As for the unconfirmed full-auto gunfire. When a large group of people are all shooting at a lake at the same time, I would say that sounds like full-auto, when it isn't. Not to say that they couldn't be shooting full-autos, just saying, that could be what people think they're hearing. I just didn't find the videos all that scary. All I saw was a group of people preparing to defend themselves. Should we ban training of firearms and self-defense? How would you guys like that around here? I've said it before, this country doesn't just belong to the Christians. It belongs to Americans, not all of them are white.

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Hmmm, I've got mixed feelings on this one. But, they are pretty much right. Our government does protect their right to religion. Just as it protects ours to be Christian or to worship whatever we want or nothing at all. If the government or several groups of people were coming down hard on the Christians, we both know that there would be camps like this all over the country for Christian Americans. I thought it was pretty sick that Fox News said that the camp was up to some "sinister" things and then showed a guy shooting a handgun...huh. I guess we're all pretty sinister on this forum, since this is a gun owner's forum. As for the unconfirmed full-auto gunfire. When a large group of people are all shooting at a lake at the same time, I would say that sounds like full-auto, when it isn't. Not to say that they couldn't be shooting full-autos, just saying, that could be what people think they're hearing. I just didn't find the videos all that scary. All I saw was a group of people preparing to defend themselves. Should we ban training of firearms and self-defense? How would you guys like that around here? I've said it before, this country doesn't just belong to the Christians. It belongs to Americans, not all of them are white.

I don't have mixed feelings at all on this one. These people are doing nothing less than using our own constitutional rights against us to gain ground.If that is not apparent to you then you are blind.I believe that everyone should have the same rights but common sense has to come into play somewhere no matter what the rules are.Our government does and should protect all forms of religion but when a so-called called religion is based on killing all who oppose it then that changes it from a religion to an agenda.Agendas are not protected by our constitution.

The full auto gunfire is unconfirmed so nobody knows wether that is true or not but I would surely not try to make up excuses for how it may have been several guns shooting at once.That is just nonsense and the kind of thing that gives people that hate us more power.

What you see as a group of people preparing to defend themselves I see as a group of people that hates what this country stands for and will use any means to get a foothold strong enough to destroy it.

Should we ban training of firearms and self-defense? Never!!!
    Should we open our eyes wide enough to see what is going on? Yup!!!

I fully understand that this country does not belong only to Christians.I also dont care if you are Jewish,Muslim,Athiest,Christian,white black,brown or pink with purple polka-dots if you can live in this country at peace with me and my fellow Americans then you are welcome to be my neighbor.Otherwise you don't belong here.

I would suggest that you jump off of your mixed feeling fence and pick a side and stand up for what this this country is about before your rights are pulled out from under you any further.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The real point of the article was that MOA is suing CAN for posting a YouTube video. Which I don't really understand where the legal standpoint is, except that free speech is free speech.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I don't have mixed feelings at all on this one. These people are doing nothing less than using our own constitutional rights against us to gain ground.If that is not apparent to you then you are blind.I believe that everyone should have the same rights but common sense has to come into play somewhere no matter what the rules are.Our government does and should protect all forms of religion but when a so-called called religion is based on killing all who oppose it then that changes it from a religion to an agenda.Agendas are not protected by our constitution.

The full auto gunfire is unconfirmed so nobody knows wether that is true or not but I would surely not try to make up excuses for how it may have been several guns shooting at once.That is just nonsense and the kind of thing that gives people that hate us more power.

What you see as a group of people preparing to defend themselves I see as a group of people that hates what this country stands for and will use any means to get a foothold strong enough to destroy it.

Should we ban training of firearms and self-defense? Never!!!
    Should we open our eyes wide enough to see what is going on? Yup!!!

I fully understand that this country does not belong only to Christians.I also dont care if you are Jewish,Muslim,Athiest,Christian,white black,brown or pink with purple polka-dots if you can live in this country at peace with me and my fellow Americans then you are welcome to be my neighbor.Otherwise you don't belong here.

I would suggest that you jump off of your mixed feeling fence and pick a side and stand up for what this this country is about before your rights are pulled out from under you any further.

:xmad: I just typed up a well-written response and accidentally hit the back button. Wonderful.

I don't want to argue with you, because I agree with a few things you said, but I'm afraid I have to civilly disagree with some of your points.

I don't believe you can tell me to stand up for my rights before they are taken away while you are calling for the eradication of rights. The Bill of Rights states:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; :patriot:

This means that not only is their religion (and Islam is a religion, not an agenda. It's followers blindly believe what they believe, while having no proof, thus making it a religion) protected by the Constitution, but it also means that you can not prohibit their free exercise of their religion. They have done nothing illegal thus far, unless there is some event that I am unaware of and I see no reason why we should tread of their American Rights. Unless simply being in armed Muslim is illegal, and I know it isn't.

Also, I don't see how you can say that THEY are using OUR Constitution against US. If they are Americans, it is THEIR Constitution just as much as it is yours or mine. Now, if you believe that THEY (This Muslim group) are abusing the Constitution by suing the Christian group over putting the video on YouTube and releasing it on DVD, then I agree that it is an abridgment of the First Amendment and they shouldn't win the case.

As for the full-auto gunfire. I completely fail to see how me suggesting it COULD have been something gives more power to people who hate us. If you watched the video or have ever been to a range where several people are emptying their clips at the same time, you would know that it COULD sound like a fully-automatic firearm to a neighbor. It does no harm to speculate. I think it is a good idea to keep our heads cool and clear and not believe that just because this group is Muslim, then it must mean they have fully-automatic weapons. But what I am saying also does not rule out the possibility that it COULD have been fully-automatic weapons. We just don't know yet. And since we are on the topic of our Rights being taken away, I would also like to say that the restriction of fully-automatic weapons is a clear Infringement of our Second Amendment Right to keep and bear arms, a right that is supposed to be used for the protection of the state and a Right that supposedly "shall not be infringed".

I'll sit on the fence until something happens. But for now, I don't really even see two sides to this issue. One side, I suppose, is a group of Muslim-Americans training in the use of firearms and self-defense. I guess the other side would be a group of paranoid "Americans" who don't believe Muslim-Americans should share the same rights as the rest of us. Until this group does something illegal, I cannot call for the taking away of their rights. I will not tread on them for worshiping the God of their choice in America, just as I would not tolerate someone treading on me for such. I believe you are pre-judging this group solely because they are Muslims and I refuse to do so. I look forward to your or anyone's response and I hope we can keep it civil.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I'm not for any zealotry - from either Christians or Muslims.

But for the interminable future, it's plain to me which is the greater of threats to our liberties. Christian extremists do exist, but they are far outnumbered by their Muslim counterparts.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I'm not for any zealotry - from either Christians or Muslims.

But for the interminable future, it's plain to me which is the greater of threats to our liberties. Christian extremists do exist, but they are far outnumbered by their Muslim counterparts.

I completely agree. But that isn't what I was getting at. The battle isn't going to come down to Christians VS Muslims this time. It will be Government VS Muslims, then it turns into Government VS Rights. Then we're all slaves. If we don't want the government involved with banks, automobile manufacturers, or health care, do we really want them to flex their muscle at religious group X and strip their rights away? The greatest threat to our liberties is us calling for them to be taken away. Yes, Muslims attacked us on 9/11. But we are the ones coming up with and enforcing all of these laws that trample on our freedoms and take away our rights, all in the name of our protection.

Give me liberty or give me death.

And I mean real liberty, not just songs and statues. I want freedom for all Americans and we cannot keep freedom when we are clambering for it to be taken away from us (American citizens).

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I don't see Christian suicide bombers in the Wal-Mart yet...

Sorry this is crap, I have no issues with Muslims IF they follow the rules. Most do so that is a moot point. Many are serving the US Armed Forces and 90% are probably true patriots...its the other 10% that worry me.

Did I say I don't see Christian suicide bombers anywhere in the World? There is a reason you don't.

This IS coming to the United States at some point.....We are about 20+ years behind Europe..

Watch Holland...see how we will like it...

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Lashicon I am sorry if my reply came across as uncivil.It was not meant to be.By your response I think that you may have misunderstood what I said.

First of all I would never call for the eradication of any Americans rights nor would I try to prohibit free exercise of any religion.But just because you blindly believe in something with no proof does not make it a religion.I blindly believe in black holes in space with no solid proof but that does not make them a religion.I do believe that when a so-called religion advocates killing innocent human beings (of any religion,race or color just so we are clear) then it is no longer a religion.Maybe it's just me.

I agree that if they are Americans then they should be afforded the same constitutional protection that any other American has,and would be willing to give my own life to preserve that.The problem I have with this is that Americanism by Websters definition is: Attachment or loyalty to the traditions,interests,or ideals of the United States of America. This "religion" just does not seem to be doing a whole lot of any of that.Again maybe it's just me.

I do at most times have a cool and clear head and never implied at all that they had full auto weapons or slingshots for that matter.I have seen damning videos before that showed muslims throwing large rocks at tanks though.LOL Sorry about that couldn't resist.

If the last paragraph of your reply is implying that that I am a "Paranoid American" I don't think you could be more wrong.I am however a smart and realistic American that has the common sense to see something for what it is.

I really was not intending to try to argue at all.As a matter of fact this is probably my last reply to this thread.I usually don't respond to threads like this and maybe I should have kept to that habit.Anyway I'll pass on the big fat fence wedgie and plant my feet firmly on my beliefs.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    RockCreekRelics, thanks for you reply. I apologize for my wording. I didn't think you were being uncivil, paranoid, or argumentative. And I believe that all of us here would like to see you continue to engage in threads such as these, as every single opinion has value and offers some insight to it. I just didn't want our conversation to turn into an uncivil argument. I think you and I are mostly on the same page. We both believe in uncompromising our rights and I'm glad to hear it. I think most religions seem to work against the ideals of the United States of America, as the US promotes freedom, liberty, and Republic Government. It isn't just you that feels that way. Most religions oppress people in one way or another, in my opinion. That's why I consider myself an American first and Christian second.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom