• ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have thought about the same thing. Do you realize how easy it would be to forget about having a stripped lower in the car and then going to your kids Christmas Concert at school??? Technically, a violation of the law. In reality, a stripped lower is a hunk of aluminum and no more dangerous than a pop can.

BACKLASH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    ECI
    who in the world points a stripped lower at a person and not meaning to sound negative but why? I think if its pointed at th right person with an itchy finger it could get you ended!

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    who in the world points a stripped lower at a person and not meaning to sound negative but why? I think if its pointed at th right person with an itchy finger it could get you ended!

Is there something in the water today? You guys are aware that a stripped lower is nothing more than a chunk of aluminum with no moving parts, no grip, no chamber, no barrel, and no resemblance to any sort of firearm? There isn't even anything to point on it, much less a muzzle which is kinda essential for the four rules. I must have missed the rule about know which way your partial mag well is pointing!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Have you ever held one in your hand? How would you hold it so as to not point it at anyone? I'm not saying arm extended pointing, just a directional question.

Please explain how it's bad practice to "point" a stripped lower.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Is there something in the water today? You guys are aware that a stripped lower is nothing more than a chunk of aluminum with no moving parts, no grip, no chamber, no barrel, and no resemblance to any sort of firearm? There isn't even anything to point on it, much less a muzzle which is kinda essential for the four rules. I must have missed the rule about know which way your partial mag well is pointing!

Hahaha....too much Eggnog maybe? FNGs.

BACKLASH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    ECI
    Guys what i am getting at is this is just a rediculous question... ho would think of pointing it and who would take offens to n being pointe at them... There was sarcasim in the original post. Sorry. I have never thought of pointing one or even trying ans i dont know anyone that would take me serious if i did. How do you point one anyway... LOL

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Guys what i am getting at is this is just a rediculous question... ho would think of pointing it and who would take offens to n being pointe at them... There was sarcasim in the original post. Sorry. I have never thought of pointing one or even trying ans i dont know anyone that would take me serious if i did. How do you point one anyway... LOL

Ah I see!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

The question is fine since the law defined it as a gun. It points out the craziness of gun laws

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Don't like the question? Find another thread to respond to.

It really is as simple as that.

Since the lower by itself is not capable of expelling a projectile, I'm going with "not a crime."
    IC 35-47-1-5 says:
    (A) capable of expelling; or
    (B) designed to expel; or
    (2) that may readily be converted to expel;
    a projectile by means of an explosion.

I'm not sure if the fact that tools would be required for assembly would make it 'readily convertible' or not - I've no idea what the legal standard is for 'may readily be converted'...

If I had all of the parts I would say that I could readily convert said stripped lower into a weapon capable of expelling a projectile by means of an explosion. It would take a few hand tools to make life easier [roll pin punch, hammer, etc] and various parts - LPK, upper, barrel, etc - but none of the assembly is particularly hard.

Top Bottom