• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2013
    Eaton
    This is driving me crazy! I live in a rural area that was annexed by a small town. So small that it is four times larger after the annexation.

So, I asked the Town Clerk if I could look at the Town Ordinances to find out if I could continue to shoot here. She told me that it wasn't a Town Ordinance but a State Law that prohibited discharging a firearm in City (Town?) limits. I have spent the last few hours searching the Indiana Code to no avail. Anyone point me towards the Code?

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Why not ask the clerk? Surely she can cite the code if she's so confident.

Steell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2013
    Eaton
    Why not ask the clerk? Surely she can cite the code if she's so confident.

Hmm, I thought people would assume I did, since that seems a reasonable thing to do, but of course she didn't know. Like most people she was just stating what she "heard", and assumed to be true.

Steell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2013
    Eaton
    After spending so much time reading the Indiana Code, and reading that it's legal to shoot inside Indy city limits as long as you're outside the original city limits, and the big to-do in Zionsville about shooting in rural areas inside the city limits, I have come to the conclusion that the local Town Clerk had no idea what she was talking about. State Law has recently been changed to supersede local laws and ordinances, but that covers gun shops and selling of firearms/ammo/accessories.

I think I'll just keep my trap shut and let it ride :cool:

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Hmm, I thought people would assume I did, since that seems a reasonable thing to do, but of course she didn't know. Like most people she was just stating what she "heard", and assumed to be true.

I was just being snarky.
    s9vx2yP.gif

Top Bottom