• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    I recently tried carrying a 4.5 in fixed blade in a belt sheath and actually perferred it to my typical folder. Seemed to be handy and it was small enough that no one seemed to notice over a few weeks in a variety of places and situations. I dont think I would go with much bigger though.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Would that be...."never leave home without a [STRIKE]knife[/STRIKE] BUNCH of knives?"

I always carry at least 2 or 3 on my person, sometimes more.
    They are not all the same type.
    You have fixed blade for self defense, large folder for everyday tasks, tiny folder to use in public without scaring people, backup knives etc.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I always carry at least 2 or 3 on my person, sometimes more.
    They are not all the same type.
    You have fixed blade for self defense, large folder for everyday tasks, tiny folder to use in public without scaring people, backup knives etc.

^^^
    This is one I need to add. I was recently at a work function for lunch. To assist a fellow working on a gift I used my standard folder. (SOG Vulcan VG-10). I removed more than a few comments about carrying such a "big knife".

(I thought, hmm, what if the saw the 45 I chose to leave in my car.)

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Personally I carry a folder and a fixed. Yes they are in my purse so that makes it very easy but I would not be anywhere without a fixed blade and for many reasons but my first reason is simply because I trust what it will do and it will always perform and be my best defense in a blade.
    Just my preference.;)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    ^^^
    This is one I need to add. I was recently at a work function for lunch. To assist a fellow working on a gift I used my standard folder. (SOG Vulcan VG-10). I removed more than a few comments about carrying such a "big knife".

(I thought, hmm, what if the saw the 45 I chose to leave in my car.)

lol :)
    I have some looks when I take my medium Spyderco folders when I open it with one hand with a loud "CLIC!", that's why my fixed blade dagger stays concealed.
    I use a tiny knife, 1" blade I think to open packages in front of people.
    Since you just use the tip of the blade for that you dont need a long one.
    Also I need to hands to open it, I found that most people are not scared by a knife that takes two hands to open for some reasons.

Top Bottom