• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Do not use eBay for anything but buying. These days with the rules on eBay you will be scammed out of your money on a sale eventually. All the buyer has to do is say the item was not as listed, return a very good looking rock in a box to you and they get to keep the item and money.

Honestly, try selling on Craigslist. I have never listed something on Craigslist that didn't sell. No fees, no bother with shipping, and as long as you accept cash only there is no risk of being scammed.

Just remember, eBay (with paypal fees) will take around 30% (or more) of your sale. Craigslist takes nothing.

That is one thing that really gets me about eBay too. Fee to list, fee to sell, fee to accept money. They nickle and dime you three different times to make it look like they are not taking as much as they really are.

Last edited:

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    They aren't lying. They don't say they ONLY hold ten rounds. They actually DO hold ten rounds.....quite nicely also. Just because they CAN hold more than ten rounds doesn't mean that they are lying.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Do not use eBay for anything but buying. These days with the rules on eBay you will be scammed out of your money on a sale eventually. All the buyer has to do is say the item was not as listed, return a very good looking rock in a box to you and they get to keep the item and money.

Honestly, try selling on Craigslist. I have never listed something on Craigslist that didn't sell. No fees, no bother with shipping, and as long as you accept cash only there is no risk of being scammed.

Just remember, eBay (with paypal fees) will take around 30% (or more) of your sale. Craigslist takes nothing.

That is one thing that really gets me about eBay too. Fee to list, fee to sell, fee to accept money. They nickle and dime you three different times to make it look like they are not taking as much as they really are.

Ebay charges 10% and paypal 3%, so 13% total. I would not touch ebay if it were 30% lol

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Ebay charges 10% and paypal 3%, so 13% total. I would not touch ebay if it were 30% lol

Back when I stopped selling they were as high as 30% in the end, especially for certain categories like video games. If they have changed that then I'm unaware. Still, ~13% when you could sell and pocket 100% by selling locally. I'll still stay away from eBay.

I would at least list locally in Craigslist or whatnot first. Like I said, I've never listed a single thing that did not sell on CL. Just wait until the first time you sell a $100 item on eBay and lose the item and all the money to a scammer. Only a matter of time for any seller on eBay. eBay is a scammer's paradise with their buyer protection rules they put in place a few years ago.

Webster-dl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    United States
    Yes, moving a 11+ round magazine into California, or transferring one is a felony in California. Jail time, gun rights stripped. Don't screw with it...please. When it comes to guns, the government of California is a psychotic paranoid wackadoodle who isn't afraid to kill you...with "evil" guns wielded by wackadoodle PTSD'ing cops with power complexes. Don't screw with it...just stay away.

You can't reason with them, and they aren't bound by common sense nor morality...the California government, that is.

Webster-dl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    United States
    Top Bottom