• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lpherr

Occupied
    I have the Springfield home, and there are several places that a logo or image could be engraved, especially on the lower.
    I've seen both rifles and handguns with engraving, from scroll covered to simple designs like a logo.
    Are there any issues engraving firearms, from a legal stand point, as long as the serial number isn't altered or covered?
    Or is this something that requires an FFL?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have the Springfield home, and there are several places that a logo or image could be engraved, especially on the lower.
    I've seen both rifles and handguns with engraving, from scroll covered to simple designs like a logo.
    Are there any issues engraving firearms, from a legal stand point, as long as the serial number isn't altered or covered?
    Or is this something that requires an FFL?

It requires an FFL if you are doing it as a business. See: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/lic...customizing-refinishing-or-repairing-firearms

If you aren't doing it as a business, say you're just doing your own guns, then no FFL required and as long as you don't obscure/obliterate/alter the S/N you're good to go.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Top Bottom