• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tater36

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2014
    Greenwood
    Taking my son to Lego fest at the convention center and sad to see this on their website:
    "prohibited items: weapons of any kind, to include off duty police officers"

if I didn't already buy tickets I wouldn't go.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize they had a lego convention. I will look it up, as my son would love something like this.

Sadly, any event I have been to at the ICC has been pretty much 'gun free' except the nra convention.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    ok wow, this looks more like an interactive guided tour thing. I figured it was like any other convention.
    Please post some pics or an aar if you can. Might help us to better determine if it's worth trying to schedule next year!

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The policy stinks, but "...to include off duty Police Officers" sounds like a death wish. Do they think police response time is all they need?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    What is the Convention Center, in terms of private property or government-owned?
    Public.

https://www.icclos.com/about.aspx
    The Indiana Convention Center & Lucas Oil Stadium is managed by the Capital Improvement Board of Managers (CIB) created in 1965 by the Indiana General Assembly and empowered to finance and manage capital improvements.

About | Capital Improvement Board
    The Capital Improvement Board (CIB) is a municipal corporation of Marion County

So, the Convention Center may NOT make firearms policies. However, the exhibitors MAY.

And, from their own policy book:
    http://www.icclos.com/pdf/ICCLOSFacilityGuide.pdf
    Page 30, bullit #8
    As of July 1, 2011, the CIB may not regulate Firearms in its facilities

Last edited:

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    I looked all over the convention center website and the lego kids fest website for firearm information. I found nothing on the lego website. We went to the same festival in Cincinnati a year or two ago, and I don't remember any security being in place.

Turfweazel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    The lego convention was in Fort Wayne not to long ago. The family and I went with two of us carrying. We had no problems getting in and there was no security. It is very cool to see all the lego stuff set up. There was a guy who had a operational lego hand gun that had removable mags and shot little lego pieces.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    We go to Gencon each year, and it's a similar policy. Any 'fake' weapons have to be clearly fake, and peace bonded.

Anyways, there is a robotic game, made entirely from legos. The robots are legos, and you select your moves for your robot prior to the game beginning. In a sense, you have to predict what you want your robot to do (accomplishing tasks along the way) in addition to predicting what you think everyone else robot is going to do. Because if they block your path/moves, then it affects every other move you chose previously. Good fun.

Even the conveyor belt computerized 'card reader' (the order of moves you wish to perform) is made of legos. Pretty cool.

Top Bottom