Leinad/Cobray .410 sXs shotgun-anyone else have one ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    DSCF0399.jpg

DSCF0398.jpg

Made by same company that made the Mac10. No longer in business. Lots of info on the company on the 'Net, how they went out of business, etc, etc. The company also made a 2 barrel derringer or pistol on the same design and they show up on the auction sites now and then. But I see very few (one other) of these little shotguns. Made for 3" shells but they are brutal to shoot. I use the shorter, less powered ones. I made a scabbard to carry mine on my backpack and the leather on the buttstock I added. All in all a cheap but fun little gun. Just wondering if anyone else has one or experience with them ?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I've got one only its a single shot. I had to make some custom grips for it because the trigger/guard kept whacking my middle finger when it shot it. If memory serves, they were at one time called the "Daniel" firearms company but was sued of the name, so they wrote it backwards for "Leinad."

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Yeh, there were some tax issues, some divorce stuff, yada,yada.The name Cobray is used now by another company. Did not know there was a single shot. Seems the company made a lot of "10" off or "100" off stuff.The little double pistols (and I use the term lightly) are everywhere but the longguns not so much.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Aww man, they ARE out of business? :( . This makes me a sad panda...

I've owned both the DD Side by Side model and still own the U.D. Over/Under model, both in .410/.45LC. I would have bought the "carbine" looking one like you own, but couldn't get passed how it looked like they just jammed the longer barrels into the pistol and called it good. Made me leery...

Love my O/U model, although reading on them closing and discontinuing the O/U model has me wondering why it was discontinued :dunno:.

Found the SxS more uncomfortable to shoot single handedly, was trying to torque out of my hand during recoil. Ended up selling it to my uncle after he seen it and thought it was neat.

If anyone's interested apparently a place in Kentucky still sells several models of these: Practical Tactical . DAMN sad they don't have the U.D. model listed as having stock for sale. Might have to give them a call tomorrow...

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    These sure ain't hi grade Brownies, more of a Rube Goldberg gun. Mine was shot quite a bit by the previous owner (bought it from him for $50) and me so I guess they will take it. Like I said , the 3" shells are brutal on you. A friend gave me a bunch of the short shell reloads in #8 shot. I just opened the crimp, dumped the 8s and put 4s back in. Kinda handy for squirrels if backpacking in the Fall. The barrels are marked "modified". Never actually checked that.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Yeh, there were some tax issues, some divorce stuff, yada,yada.The name Cobray is used now by another company. Did not know there was a single shot. Seems the company made a lot of "10" off or "100" off stuff.The little double pistols (and I use the term lightly) are everywhere but the longguns not so much.

My bad, I should have clarified. The one I have is not a carbine but rather has a 10" or 11" barrel.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Here's mine.

102.jpg
    I can't tell from the photo. Is that a SxS or a single. I have seen both. I think if I bought one I would make my own grip too! Might even put a trigger guard on it. I saw a guy do that with one of those little cap and ball pocket pistols.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    There's no trigger guard on them.
    Yes I know. I was talking about a modification.

I saw a guy take a .31 pocket Remington with a spur trigger, shave the spur off and add a trigger guard from a full sized Remi clone. It was a cool project.
    MVC-427S.JPG

Last edited:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I can't tell from the photo. Is that a SxS or a single. I have seen both. I think if I bought one I would make my own grip too! Might even put a trigger guard on it. I saw a guy do that with one of those little cap and ball pocket pistols.

This is a single. It came with the original deringer grips, but those were causing the trigger and its bracket (what I called "guard") to crack my middle finger. I made these grips and haven't had a problem since.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    This is a single. It came with the original deringer grips, but those were causing the trigger and its bracket (what I called "guard") to crack my middle finger. I made these grips and haven't had a problem since.
    It's actually called a "spur". I wrongly called it a bur in my previous post. A trigger guard would be what is used on a conventional pistol.

USDS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2013
    Hate to post on a necro thread, but these guns are still being produced by Leinad. Just got a price list for 2016 faxed in.

RW97

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2016
    Muncie
    I'd like to have one just for giggles, maybe one with a 10" barrel to just leave in the car with a box of shells.

Top Bottom