Lennox furnace - Bad flame sensor - Will DIY Invalidate warranty?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    If you ever get in a bind for parts there is always Shortys HVAC supplies in West Newton off of 67. He aint cheap, but he has a large stock of parts.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Mine was acting up along the same lines. There is a small rubber hose on the vacuum that was plugged. Service guy took it off, blew it out, and it worked. It might not work for you, but it doesn't cost anything.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you ever get in a bind for parts there is always Shortys HVAC supplies in West Newton off of 67. He aint cheap, but he has a large stock of parts.

Shorty is a personal friend of mine. We came up through the trade together and he is/was one of the best techs I have ever known.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Ran some experiments, found that if the main blower control on the thermostat is set to "Auto" (so not running during lighting cycle) the gas is first shut off after 6 seconds then 3 seconds every time after that...

Also checked hose from inducer to vacuum switch, limit switch in heating camber (don't know proper name), visually checked caps on control board, and checked all visible wires for frays/burns.

Any new ideas based on that?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I FIXED IT :bacondance:

There was crud clogging the nipple on the inducer fan. The pressure switch was not getting any reading.

Thanks INGO for all the assistance. :ingo:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I FIXED IT :bacondance:

There was crud clogging the nipple on the inducer fan. The pressure switch was not getting any reading.

Thanks INGO for all the assistance. :ingo:

That it even started the firing process is troubling to me but if it is working and you are warm.....:woot:

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013

If the pressure switch didn't close, it would NOT have fired up in the first place.

If it was the issue, it was likely barely pulled in 'closed' and the added pressure from firing dropped it out.

BTW, flame sensing rods get dirty, they don't go bad unless a homeowner/tech breaks the porcelain.

Top Bottom