• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Speed limits are different down there. We were doing 85 on the way to Lauderdale and people were blowing past us. Two motorcycles screamed past us like we were stopped.

Seems when you are using city property like that it could go worse for the guy.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Can't say I've seen it either but I'm pretty sure I've heard of cases where officers have been pulled over. Can't remember details though. :dunno:

I have heard a story about an IPD and Marion county Sheriff going at it on the side of the highway threatening to arrest each other....

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I've never seen this happen before

I have. Years ago a Trooper stopped one of our officers going to an alarm (3:00 a.m.). He was close and turned off his lights and siren. Officer was on the Lloyd with no traffic going about 75/50. Trooper stops him and asks him where he was going to. He told him and left. Back then troopers were told they were the best. Things have changed.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    [STRIKE]+1 to the arresting officer.[/STRIKE]
    +1000 to the arresting officer.

But once again the double standard is shown when the high-speed police chase is being degraded to a traffic offense.

López could not be reached for comment. As of Saturday, he was still assigned to regular duty at the Miami Police Department, said Cmdr. Delrish Moss, “because at this point it’s a traffic offense.”

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Why would FHP draw their weapon on the MIAMI POLICE:dunno:

For her own safety. Based on the article FHP turned on her lights and siren yet the MP car "driver" refused to stop and continued on. Note I say MP car "driver" because while we all know now that it was a MP officer at the time of the chase the FHP did not know that. She could have assumed that was the cause but then why would the car not stop? So perhaps a BG had taken the car after killing the actual MP officer.

So when the car finally stopped what would you do? How would you approach the car? Since the car had no stopped on your 2 prior "lights/sound" on.

Top Bottom