• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Just announced by Appleseed Headquarters.

LEO's join those under 21, women, and active military in that they can attend Appleseed events free of charge.

LEO status is defined as : anyone who has a current ID Card identifying them as a member of a city, county, state, or national law enforcement organization. Also included are those who serve in "auxiliary" positions, such as dispatchers.

DHolder

Expert
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Please, explain to us, why you would boycott anyone for offering to allow LEO, women, or military, attend anything? The fact that we have the RIGHTS to even speak freely, have a gun, or even gather in this country, is the core of Appleseed (no pun intended). Appleseed is about men and women who took a stand, got involved, made a point. I'm just not sure why you would boycott Appleseed? :dunno: Are you jealous because its not free for you?:dunno: Just askin'?

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Jun 26, 2008
    Why would you would deny the organization the liberty to offer discount rates to whomever it chooses? Did you boycott them because they let military shoot free?

He's not denying them any rights or liberties, you know that. Appleseed is still free to offer their discounts to whomever they wish.

Why would you wish to deny him the right to express his opinions how he wishes? Heck, by going and paying, he's subsidizing a pretty sizeable number of people. Maybe he just doesn't feel he should have to pay the tab for so many others. Appleseed has the right to offer discounts to any they wish. People have the right to spend their money, or not, how they wish.

Do note that I'm not taking a stance one way or the other on who Appleseed offers free training to. But it's tiresome when people try to deny others the right to express themselves, and the almighty dollar is one tool for doing so.

downzero

Master
    Jun 16, 2010
    He's not denying them any rights or liberties, you know that. Appleseed is still free to offer their discounts to whomever they wish.

Why would you wish to deny him the right to express his opinions how he wishes? Heck, by going and paying, he's subsidizing a pretty sizeable number of people. Maybe he just doesn't feel he should have to pay the tab for so many others. Appleseed has the right to offer discounts to any they wish. People have the right to spend their money, or not, how they wish.

Do note that I'm not taking a stance one way or the other on who Appleseed offers free training to. But it's tiresome when people try to deny others the right to express themselves, and the almighty dollar is one tool for doing so.

You've hit the nail squarely on the head. I'm already paying their salary. I'm not going to subsidize their recreational activities, as well.

Nice straw man, Fargo.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    To be clear, the rates for a paying attendee has not risen. It did not rise when we opened Military free, it did not rise when we opened Women free, it does not rise with this free either.

No one is subsidizing anyone else. As one who actually loses money, constantly, in both time, gas money, ammo costs, and more than you know, let me say that would be the first person in the list who would be "subsidizing" but we simply are not.

May I also note that the question "why we chose this" has not been the focus, just that we have.

I find that interesting.

Is the issue here less that we are subsidizing, and more that we are letting LEO's be "special" in your view and that is what is at the core of your anger. If so, were you just as mad when we let in kids free (always), military free (for 2+ years), and women free (1+ years)?

Or is it just now, with LEO's?

Techres

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Hey, that means I can attend one. Time and money were the things I needed to be able to go. Since I can do it for free now, I can find some time to go. I can make time, I can't make money.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Hey, that means I can attend one. Time and money were the things I needed to be able to go. Since I can do it for free now, I can find some time to go. I can make time, I can't make money.

Great!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

Awesome! I look forward to seeing you on the line.

I'm thrilled to hear that LEO's shoot free. It will get us more shooters.
    :rockwoot:
    I love getting more shooters.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    You've hit the nail squarely on the head. I'm already paying their salary. I'm not going to subsidize their recreational activities, as well.

Nice straw man, Fargo.

Thank GOD, you never PAID MY Salary and if you did I'll gladly return you a couple of Pennies :noway:

Eddie

Master
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I think it is an awesome thing to do. Especially for all the little departments that don't have big training budgets an Appleseed shoot will be a great way for a LEO to get some extra training.

If there is a LEO out there being held back from attending by lack of a rifle, ammo or gear, PM me.

DHolder

Expert
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I will back up Eddie's offer, ANY LEO, military, or woman, who may other wise like to attend but finds themselves without equipment, they can use any of my gear they need.

Top Bottom