Lessons learned from the Zimmerman trial.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LonSch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Valparaiso
    I did not watch any of the trial. I can stand court room TV. I need you guys to help me out if you learned anything that you didn't know before.

What if anything have you learned that you should do if you are ever in a situation like this.

One thing I heard Paul Markel say is that you should always always always request to go to the hospital even if you don't feel like you're hurt. Zimmerman would have had a much easier time if he had gone to the hospital.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Do not even be a good witness, do not look out for others stuff, it is not your problem and everyone will call you a racist anyways for getting attacked by a criminal

This....I mean who cares if your neighborhood is getting robbed by thugs, stay a shut in, don't help them. Don't call police, don't get pro-active....AND.....if you are white or white/latino and end up shooting a black in self defense Barry will unleash hell upon you.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    dont get involved, avoid confrontations, in fact dont even carry anymore, that just means you're trying to kill someone.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I learned quite a few things.
    1. According to some, following a suspicious person is grounds for that person to threaten to kill you and to beat your head into the concrete.
    2. Defending yourself with deadly force by said suspicious person who threatens to kill you and will beat your head into the concrete should be considered a punishable offense by some Americans.
    3. No one really cares about the thousands of people gunned down on the streets daily by thugs, but thousands will get fired up and emotional over one kid with a criminal record with intent to hurt someone.
    4. Obama will play the race card anytime opportunity presents itself, as will his minion Eric Holder.
    5. Laws be damned, you can be prosecuted if Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton holler loud enough.
    6. The media will do everything in its power to convict you in the court of public opinion.

I could go on and on.

JLL101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I am going to carry as usual. Self preservation will still govern my actions. If I find myself in the same kind of confrontation that Z was unfortunate enough to be involved in, I still would defend myself. I would prefer to live out my natural life and not have it taken away by a street thug. There were no real lessons learned from the trial. There is always going to be unjust prosecutors who pursue innocents for the wrong reasons. That is all this trial pointed out.

jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville
    The whole incident is tragic. Either one of the participants could have made a different choice and avoided it. A life was lost for no reason, and no one wins. Fear breeds hatred, and hatred breeds violence. There's a lot to be learned here, if one is willing to look. The whole thing is sad and pointless.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    So, now it's our job to follow people? If Martin was just walking, why possibly engage in conflict? Unless you see someone commiting an illegal act. Like rape, assault, etc. He was forced to kill someone. I don't disagree with him defending himself. However, he could of avoided the entire thing, but chose not to, and now has to live with it for the rest of his life.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I learned it is a good idea to practice drawing while on my back with someone on top of me and to carry with round in chamber in case I am unable to chamber a round in some cases.

Top Bottom