• ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Dont let the Mrs see that...she's not fond of her Highlander (that we got a smoking deal on) and told me once that "I could drive a Tahoe"
    We’ll bring it over after the quarantine. Let her take it for a spin.

yu7tnTu.png

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    1964 C30

Still Runs but I never drive it. It was my great grandfathers who gave it to my father. Now I have it after my dad passed away way to early at 49 of a heart issue that was undetected for years.

She is a beauty. And also 16,000 original miles

Man.... this brings back some good memories!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We put this one together for my son. Traded into the body and wheels. Oil leaking smoking tired original engine and trans.
    Found a 350 crate engine long block. Put a decent rumpy Hyd. Cam in it. Dual plane intake and a Holley. Headers and a beefed R-700. It would scat for a truck.

7bYUcu4.jpg

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    We put this one together for my son. Traded into the body and wheels. Oil leaking smoking tired original engine and trans.
    Found a 350 crate engine long block. Put a decent rumpy Hyd. Cam in it. Dual plane intake and a Holley. Headers and a beefed R-700. It would scat for a truck.

7bYUcu4.jpg

Dad had a square body hot rod back in the day. Bright yellow paint, shaved handles, custom touches all around. I was hot :poop: when he let me drive it to school once my senior year.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    attachment.php

2002 Chevy Duramax 4x4

My uncle purchased this one new in January of 2002 in Jacksonville, FL. They pulled a 5th wheel camper some with it. Moved to TN when they retired. He passed away some years back, and I bought if from my aunt a year ago with 118K miles on it.

It didn't look anything like this when I got it. The bed rail was mangled where he dropped the the trailer on it. Tailgate long gone for the same reason. Had gotten the trailer into the upper cab corner. That had been repaired, but the paint there and on the rear door by it was faded and looked like a soup sandwich. He had stickers everywhere you could imagine. He also had a grill guard and had drilled and bolted right into the bumper. And an aux fuel tank.

The truck was super clean though as it was largely in the southern states. No rust. Rockers and cab corners are original and solid. I lucked into finding someone with a bed, tailgate and tail lights that had been used when new to demo a pop-up camper, then stored in a barn. Looked like new.

Was already thinking of painting when it got hit by a hail storm. So, the insurance darn near paid for a paint job! Found a good hood, front bumper and grill. Had her torn down and completely repainted. Opted to leave all badges off.

Also put new tires, replaced the original shocks, put the intake back to stock, both battery trays replaced, new front end light sockets and lenses, and added tow mirrors.

Also had the bed lined and truck undercoated.

Went from a 2015 Sierra 1500, and this is more truck than I really need. Injectors were replaced at about 94K. I have most of the maintenance records. Has 131K on it now, and I'm pretty fond of her.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    attachment.php

2002 Chevy Duramax 4x4

My uncle purchased this one new in January of 2002 in Jacksonville, FL. They pulled a 5th wheel camper some with it. Moved to TN when they retired. He passed away some years back, and I bought if from my aunt a year ago with 118K miles on it.

It didn't look anything like this when I got it. The bed rail was mangled where he dropped the the trailer on it. Tailgate long gone for the same reason. Had gotten the trailer into the upper cab corner. That had been repaired, but the paint there and on the rear door by it was faded and looked like a soup sandwich. He had stickers everywhere you could imagine. He also had a grill guard and had drilled and bolted right into the bumper. And an aux fuel tank.

The truck was super clean though as it was largely in the southern states. No rust. Rockers and cab corners are original and solid. I lucked into finding someone with a bed, tailgate and tail lights that had been used when new to demo a pop-up camper, then stored in a barn. Looked like new.

Was already thinking of painting when it got hit by a hail storm. So, the insurance darn near paid for a paint job! Found a good hood, front bumper and grill. Had her torn down and completely repainted. Opted to leave all badges off.

Also put new tires, replaced the original shocks, put the intake back to stock, both battery trays replaced, new front end light sockets and lenses, and added tow mirrors.

Also had the bed lined and truck undercoated.

Went from a 2015 Sierra 1500, and this is more truck than I really need. Injectors were replaced at about 94K. I have most of the maintenance records. Has 131K on it now, and I'm pretty fond of her.

Cool story. :yesway:

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Now for something different...
    20181221_173858s.jpg

What do you mean "axle weight rating"?

'03 Subaru Baja. stock except for King springs for a slight lift and more capacity. Might be time for an upgrade in back, it's getting a bit of a saggy butt for some reason I can't fathom lol

Top Bottom