• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I have a Squier Telecaster in that color. It is amazing how "right" the Squier guitars are these days. Those Classic Vibe models really are quality built. Your son should be able to rock that guitar right into playing gigs. Have fun!
    That's what I'm told. A couple friends of mine that play in the our church band both have newer Squires. They both say the Squire of today is soooo much better than 20 years ago

Reactions: Leo

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I've acquired a few more this year....lol
    Another 1984 Washburn G35k to go with my blue one I've had since 1986
    RLnRgyu.jpg

My Mexican Strat. Not sure I've posted this before
    wHEpMMT.jpg

A friend gave me this Charvel with EMG's in it. It's my Drop C machine.
    lrx9oGr.jpg

My new Gibson Classic. I LOVE THIS GUITAR
    KT0GX7n.jpg

And a Kirk Hammett LTD with EMGx pickups...just for fun
    tyCW5Ly.jpg

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I have a couple. The electric is an Indiana that I bought from the Salvation Army for a few bucks. It was pink when I bought it. I took it home, sanded the pink off, and put on a couple sloppy coats of redwood-colored varnish. (I was just in a hurry to play it!) I really should redo it, but it has a certain personality I like.

I bought the acoustic from a local gentleman who had a band and played professionally, backing people like Willy Nelson and Kenny Rogers. (According to him, Nelson was awesome, but Rogers was a prick.) This guitar isn't the best out there, but the gent is dead now and I'm keeping it for sentimentality. It goes everywhere with me, and I have a few fans at the high school and the park. I'm hoping to bring rock and roll back to the kids.

Attachments

• IMG_20231121_111002841_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20231121_111002841_HDR.jpg
      565 KB · Views: 5

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have a couple. The electric is an Indiana that I bought from the Salvation Army for a few bucks. It was pink when I bought it. I took it home, sanded the pink off, and put on a couple sloppy coats of redwood-colored varnish. (I was just in a hurry to play it!) I really should redo it, but it has a certain personality I like.

I bought the acoustic from a local gentleman who had a band and played professionally, backing people like Willy Nelson and Kenny Rogers. (According to him, Nelson was awesome, but Rogers was a prick.) This guitar isn't the best out there, but the gent is dead now and I'm keeping it for sentimentality. It goes everywhere with me, and I have a few fans at the high school and the park. I'm hoping to bring rock and roll back to the kids.
    Yes, Kenny Rogers was an abusive prick, to everyone. Treated everyone like dirt. I was an electrician contracted to help his set up.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I've acquired a few more this year....lol
    Another 1984 Washburn G35k to go with my blue one I've had since 1986
    RLnRgyu.jpg

My Mexican Strat. Not sure I've posted this before
    wHEpMMT.jpg

A friend gave me this Charvel with EMG's in it. It's my Drop C machine.
    lrx9oGr.jpg

My new Gibson Classic. I LOVE THIS GUITAR
    KT0GX7n.jpg

And a Kirk Hammett LTD with EMGx pickups...just for fun
    tyCW5Ly.jpg
    I'd like to have a couple electrics myself and keep one in C#/drop B to jam out some Chevelle

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I rescued this 1990 Korean made Kramer last year and just got it together today. I added an EMG 81 to the bridge and eventually add a single coil EMG to the neck in the future. I'm not going to bother with the middle pick-up I don't think. I never use them. Actually plays nice. Neck feels great.

QXwAx8J.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Picked up a new guitar to keep out in the shed this week. It's an Enya X3 Pro and for the $450 I paid for it I'm very happy with it. It isn't as impervious to weather as some people claim an all carbon fiber guitar is but this one has a truss rod so I kind of suspected that would be the case. I have to retune it a few times throughout the mornings in the shed as the temp rises but it holds well once stabilized above around 45*. Came with a Graph Tec Tusq nut and saddle which is nice though I did have to shave quite a bit off of the saddle to bring the action down where I like it. Plays and sounds great. For the money I'd definitely recommend to anyone looking for something they can take in and out of the house without worrying about it.

MBFyJE0h.jpg

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Picked up a new guitar to keep out in the shed this week. It's an Enya X3 Pro and for the $450 I paid for it I'm very happy with it. It isn't as impervious to weather as some people claim an all carbon fiber guitar is but this one has a truss rod so I kind of suspected that would be the case. I have to retune it a few times throughout the mornings in the shed as the temp rises but it holds well once stabilized above around 45*. Came with a Graph Tec Tusq nut and saddle which is nice though I did have to shave quite a bit off of the saddle to bring the action down where I like it. Plays and sounds great. For the money I'd definitely recommend to anyone looking for something they can take in and out of the house without worrying about it.

MBFyJE0h.jpg
    What’s the volume level of that? Reason I ask is because the only CF guitar I’ve ever played was a Rainsong dread, and it was LOUD. It sounded fantastic though, great tone.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This one carries pretty well, that's why I've got the sound hole cover on there. I like playing along with the original artists when I play and I have to crank the speakers way too loud to keep up. The cover makes a noticeable difference.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    What’s the volume level of that? Reason I ask is because the only CF guitar I’ve ever played was a Rainsong dread, and it was LOUD. It sounded fantastic though, great tone.
    I’ve got one of those from 2000 when they were still made on Maui and yes, it is loud and sounds great. The action hasn’t changed one bit since the day I brought it home.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Here’s my latest, too. G&L ASAT Classic Tribute. Yes, it’s made in Indonesia, but it has the same spec pickups as the American ones. It has a really loud, punchy, versatile tone. I got it at Steilberg String Instruments in Louisville and they did a heck of a job setting it up, too. It plays like a dream.

Attachments

• IMG_2539.jpeg
      IMG_2539.jpeg
      586.9 KB · Views: 6

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ordered a new white on white Fender Player Strat yesterday, should have it next week. I think I've finally reached a point where I can begin working on some SRV without too much frustration and that has always been what I've considered the ultimate goal for me. If I could play Little Wing just like he did I'll consider myself a good guitar player. Started picking around with Hey Joe on acoustic a few weeks back so the new strat will work well for that also.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Ordered a new white on white Fender Player Strat yesterday, should have it next week. I think I've finally reached a point where I can begin working on some SRV without too much frustration and that has always been what I've considered the ultimate goal for me. If I could play Little Wing just like he did I'll consider myself a good guitar player. Started picking around with Hey Joe on acoustic a few weeks back so the new strat will work well for that also.
    NICE. SRV is one of my all-time favorites. I try and try to mimic his "raking" effect. Can't quite get it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Bought a "new" 2005 Epiphone clone of the '58 Gibson explorer. LOVE the color combo. Factory pups are weak. I had this hot KMD pickup laying around that I bought in 1988 so I threw it in there. Much better. Neck feels very close to my new Gibson Les Paul Classic's slim taper.

UKkyuIi.jpeg

lSc9dno.jpeg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    NDG!!

I picked up a new Fender Player Strat this afternoon. I don't know if the store ordered the wrong one or Fender delivered the wrong one but I'd wanted a maple fretboard. I wasn't disappointed with the appearance of this one at all when we pulled it out of the box and actually liked it better than the maple fretboard version I was able to compare it to at the store. I got the little 70th Anniversary stamp on the back of the head which isn't worth much but I like that it's there. I've already swapped out the string tree and I'll be polishing the frets, rounding the fretboard edges and replacing the nut and tuners soon.

6IEyYMFh.jpg

Top Bottom