• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Actually the iPhone 4s also has a 64gb version.

Yup, not sure why I spaced on that. I was talking to someone last week that said they pre-ordered (or were going) the 64gb until they saw it wasn't really that big of an upgrade over the 4 (only reason he even messes with iPhones is because he has done some work developing apps).

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    So no one else has input on the great Iphone vs Droid debate? Jeez....y'all act like this is a gun forum not a phone forum. Wait....I might be lost.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    I don't know, Ive been lookin at reviews of it and youtube videos. Im not sure im sold on it. I think the safe choice is the iphone but new android phones come out all the time. Right now im 50/50 Iphone 4s and Bionic!

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    me, and 4 other people that work for our company "Carry" the Droid X.. and i have very few complaints about this phone. once you get the hang of it.. you can do anything! check into it and do some research.. good luck to you and the wife on your search!

this. I love my droid x. Had it a year, never one crash. awesome phone

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    My wife and I upgraded to the Bionic a couple of weeks after it was released.
    Going from a dumb phone to my first ever smartphone with the original Droid then getting the R2D2 Droid just because I'm a geek. LOL
    The Bionic is by far the coolest and most useful phone I've had to date. 4G will be here in Terre Haute later this month and I am anxious to see what it can do.
    My son has an iPhone and I am always showing him what my phonoe can do and he still teeters back and forth with his coolness factor. :-/
    The reviews that I read on the iPhone 4S were less than stellar.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    So I am awakening an old thread from the dead. Yes guys, I am hoping to add to the topic.

So...to bring a few up to speed from our previous conversations in here. My wife held out well past her upgrade date to preorder the Iphone 4S. It will be here Friday. I am currently still using the Motorola Droid. The phone and I have had our ups and downs but we are managing. I found out I can upgrade now, but won't receive the credit I would receive if I waited til April.

Issues I have with my Droid that drive me bonkers!

Most annoying of all...unlocking the phone or hitting home screen from any screen or app and it taking FOREVER to load the home screen. I swear I look I my background wall paper more than the actual apps on the phone.

Second, force close force close force close. That is annoying!

Third, I love angry birds, I am an admitted angry birds addict! What bothers me is the iphone users get the new maps several days to weeks before droid users. Currently waiting on Angry Birds Rio update that my buddy on the iphone got two weeks ago.

Fourth, I have had to do some fancy stuff to get my screen to work again. The phone would be on and working but the screen was blank. Found a method online to fix and it worked. Had this happen twice.

Fifth, there are times where i swear it gets a mind of its own and just starts doing crazy nonsense. Like several buttons will just start pushing and next thing you know im dialing someone in my contact list.

Outside of this, it's been a very useful tool. I have not rooted the phone as I do not have the means to get another at this point. (Which is about to change)

Takes me to my question....

Droid or Iphone 4S

Are there any believers of the Iphone or will this be a one sided convo? I will be upgrading at the end of the week. To what, well.....thats to be determined.

After I read this I was reminded of the weeek or so right after I got my Xoom tablet.
    I tried like mad to install swype but it would not install!
    Then I got a wild hair brained idea, did a factory reset and BOOM all is well. Swype installed without further incident and it has run perfectly ever since.
    If your Android device is acting strangely you might want to try a factory reset. Google backs everything up via google account of verizon backup assistant or even one of the AV apps that include a backup feature.
    Do a factory data reset and then restore all your old data. You should be good to go. (without rooting)

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    How do I back everything up to my google account? Also, let's say I go with the bionic. Would I be able to upload angry birds from my google account and still have alll boards completed? :D

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    I have had the iPhone 3g and 3gs and they both have been great phones. Had both for 2 years and the only problem is the 3gs got dropped w/o a case one too many times and has problems getting texts.

I have not used a Droid yet and have been considering it because I am not able to purchase the phone insurance for the iphone.

All this being said... I really like apples software and build quality so it will probibly be the 4s when the wife and I upgrade.

The only thing holding me back is I hate being under contract and have been out of contract for several months and to get the phone for a "decent" price I will have to renew.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    How do I back everything up to my google account? Also, let's say I go with the bionic. Would I be able to upload angry birds from my google account and still have alll boards completed? :D

I had to do a factory restore because of some corrupted data, I just went in and did a factory reset, and when it booted back up, it automatically restored all apps that I had installed.

It was painless and easy.

Now as far as settings for Angry Birds, I can't answer that.

I do know that the Droid Bionic is one cool tool and wish I could trade my (even though I love it to death) Droid X, but will have to wait a while.

Also another thought, Apple I Phone has been losing ground to the Google Android OS at a rapid pace, and the phones that use it have rapidly caught up with the I-Phone sales and out sell them.

I've had my Droid X since Feb. and every day I'm amazed at each new twist that has popped up and things I can do to help me out on a day to day basis.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    lol!
    iphone-android.jpg

android_vs_iphone.jpg

iphone_or_droid.jpg

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Im starting to lean towards Bionic..... however I am waiting until my wife gets her iphone on Friday and chokepeople gives a review.

Top Bottom