• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I need to get a nice scope for a 458 socom ar deer rifle I'm putting together. I found this combo and was considering it.

Basket

I've also considered the Millet DMS 1 as well. The reviews on it seem to be all or nothing. I haven't found much on the Leupold as far as reviews go. I definitely want the extended eye relief scope mount as I don't think I could shoot an AR without my nose on the charging handle. I already have a Larue extended mount for another rifle but I don't really want to sink another $200 on a mount just for this rifle. Do any of you have an opinion on that Burris mount? Thanks in advance.

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    I use the burris pepr 30 mm scope mount with a Leupold vx-3 1.5-5x on my 458 socom with no problems. It's not as solid as a Larue or any other high priced mount, but it does its job.

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    For the coin I think they are a great scope

Basic scope is dialed for a 55 grain but they can dial it in for any load if you custom order

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I'm in the same boat. My .458 upper should be here in the next couple of weeks. I have a Bushnell 3200 2-7x32 I'm thinking of putting on it in a Burris PEPR mount. I also have a Millett DMS-1 in a LaRue mount on my .223 upper and really like it. So do I buy a 1" PEPR and mount the Bushnell, or order another Millett and mount from SWFA? Decisions........

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I havent shot the Leupold Mark AR scope but it looks very nice for the AR platform, good size and weight.

Concerning the Millet DMS-1 my only real complaint was the weight for such a low power scope. Other than that I really liked it, great glass for the $$.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I only have a Lucid mounted on my 458 socom. I cannot afford the Leupold Mark AR now. But I am happy with the Lucid so far.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have an Aimpoint Comp9000 on mine now, but I just ordered a Leupold VX-1 1-4x20 shotgun scope for it. The one thing I can say about the .458, you definitely want lots of eye relief! Since it is heavy recoiling, I have concerns about putting a scope intended for an AR15 on it, I already had problems with a Vortext Strikefire that could not hold zero on it (mount kept shifting) but which works fine on my GFs ar15.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm not sure if I'd like a regular duplex reticle or the circle dot of the Millet better. Decisions, decisions.

Top Bottom