• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Has anyone here used this rifle powder?
    I see a listing for .30-30 loads, but wondered if it's useful for anything else.

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    I just used some for the first time to load some .35 Remington rounds using cast lead alloy bullets. My results showed some of the best accuracy I've ever been able to obtain with my home cast lead bullets. Recoil and muzzle blast seemed noticeably mild. I don't underload my cast bullets - I just use starting and max load data for jacketed bullets - right or wrong.

Anyway, I like what I see from it so far and am looking forward to experimenting with it some more.

I've heard nothing but good things about it from other folks who have tried it - for what that's worth.

rjhans53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    it's all I use in my 30-30, well almost, I play with 760 in the dirty 30s some but that's just cause I've got a bunch of 760

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Only use it in 30/30, but if I ever get my hands on a Model 94 in 32 Special, I'll use it in that very similar cartridge.

djones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Greenfield
    Works great in my 1920's model 94 32 win and also in two 35 Remington's. Sorry Jason I inherited the 32 from my grandfather. It was his uncles. That makes me a fourth generation owner.

I have read where people have experimented with it in other cartridges using burn rate data and a chrony.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I don't know about other calibers, but it is my "go to" powder for my 30-30, very clean burning from my experience. I have had nothing but excellent results with it.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Works great in my 1920's model 94 32 win and also in two 35 Remington's. Sorry Jason I inherited the 32 from my grandfather. It was his uncles. That makes me a fourth generation owner.
    Actually, my grandfather owned a 32 Special that my uncle inherited. It is possible that I may own that rifle some day and nothing would make me happier. :)

I don't know about other calibers, but it is my "go to" powder for my 30-30, very clean burning from my experience. I have had nothing but excellent results with it.

I've found LVR powder creates a very dirty first patch or two, but then cleans up better than some other powders. There is little or no smoke while shooting it, if that's what you meant by clean burning.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Actually, my grandfather owned a 32 Special that my uncle inherited. It is possible that I may own that rifle some day and nothing would make me happier. :)

I've found LVR powder creates a very dirty first patch or two, but then cleans up better than some other powders. There is little or no smoke while shooting it, if that's what you meant by clean burning.
    I actually haven't noticed it to be very dirty or leave a lot of residue behind in my 336. It was very easy to clean afterwards.

Top Bottom