• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    If you are into airguns 40 shots....46 caliber rounds that were that powerful seems hard to believe. It will put a hole in a one inch pine board at 100yds. I'm sure not many shots will do that.

treeman22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Indy North
    The whole Lewis and Clark story is very interesting. When I read "undaunted courage", it was the first time I heard about air rifles being made so early.
    If you need an interesting book to read, pick up "Undaunted Courage." Its a long book, but it tells the story of probably the most important adventure story in all of history. And the best part is, its true. If you like adventure stories, you will love this book.

Loc n load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Courage

I have read "Undaunted Courage" and it is a good read, another one that I recommend if you are interested in our local history is "Long Knife", written by James Alexander Thom. It is based on the story of George Roger's Clark, and it details what these men went through to settle Indiana and the surrounding region. It is 500 some pages, but certainly worth the time. The history of the air rifle is very interesting and they have obviously been around a lot longer than most folks realize. And been more capable than a lot of folks realize.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    From reading a few books on the subject, it seems like the air rifle L&C brought along was intended to keep the peace with the natives through a demonstration of superior fire power. They also never let the Indians know that this was their only one. Giving the Indians the impression that each member of the expedition had one of these 20 shot repeating air rifles, kept the Indians at bay. It was sheer genius.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From reading a few books on the subject, it seems like the air rifle L&C brought along was intended to keep the peace with the natives through a demonstration of superior fire power. They also never let the Indians know that this was their only one. Giving the Indians the impression that each member of the expedition had one of these 20 shot repeating air rifles, kept the Indians at bay. It was sheer genius.
    I'd heard this before too... on INGO I think. It's a neat story and a neat rifle, that's for sure.

Top Bottom