• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busted1200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Evansville
    Beware from this large seller. Don't let all the positive ratings fool you. Scroll down and read the F comments and you'll start to see a pattern. By the time mine was corrected it was too late to leave feedback and I would imagine the same has happened to many. They are a large company that sell everything from supplies to camping equipment. And if I bet, they don't even have product in stock, so when they get a order they have to order it from 3rd party.

Problem is when it comes to check out they state they only charge actual shipping costs. I ordered 2 outdoor folding chairs and went to check out was told the weight was 96lbs and was going to cost $132 for ground shipping. The chairs were only $40 each! I checked out the chairs on other sights and found the weight to be 1/3 of their claim, so I wasn't going to pay, plus they weren't even in stock and I was told they were on back order. They agreed to reduce the shipping cost to something more reasonable. After several calls to company and months later, they canceled my order. Anyway it was too late to leave feedback and i had ordered these chairs for Christmas back in October.

Just putting it out there for anyone that uses GunBroker. They've got a large feedback rating, so it seems that they are a trust worthy company, but if you take the time to read ( which I didn't ) you'll see a pattern. I'm guessing that the large volume they sell is still why GunBroker allows them to stay on the site.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    O.k. I understand you had a less than positive experience with this particular vendor on GunBroker.
    You have every right to express your displeasure for whatever reasons you see fit.

Now, please accept my rebuttal.
    I've been a registered buyer/seller on GunBroker for 15+ years.
    I've had occasion to purchase from LG-Outdoor at least a half dozen times or more.

I have not once found them to be dishonest in their listings.
    They generally are not the least expensive on ANY item they sell, but I've not found them out of reason either.
    I'll grant you that their shipping prices are not the cheapest, but I have NEVER seen them deliberately try to screw someone on shipping.
    Yes, they are a VERY large vendor, and you're probably correct in that they likely do not stock every item they sell online. Neither does Wal-Mart.

As I stated at the outset of my post. You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine.
    LG-Outdoors is no better or worse than someone like Palmetto State Armory, or MidwayUSA, or Sportsman's Guide...

YMMV
    Have a nice day.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Overcharging for shipping is very common on the auction sites, some put it right out front with a fixed shipping price so you can take it into account while bidding while others are more subtle about it and make up a charge after the sale. I frequently ask for a shipping quote before bidding on an item if there is any doubt.

Top Bottom