• ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This thread has gone horribly wrong.

Chicago Justice, which is the subject of this thread, is a spin-off of the old Law & Order but set in Chicago...

Well, not really. It is produced by the same people as Law and Order, but it is a spin off of Chicago P.D. which is a spin off of Chicago Fire. It exists in the same universe of Chicago Med, which is also a spin off of Chicago Fire.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    "Spin-off" was probably the wrong word. It's a Dick Wolf creation with a tie-in to the old Law & Order.

As for Ms. Hayek, she's getting a few years on her and there's always some young hottie to knock the old hotties off of their pedestal. Monica Barbaro, the object of Kirk's, ahem, affections, hasn't hit the big 3-0 yet. I like how Wikipedia describes Ms. Barbaro's character on Chicago Justice: "Barbaro portrays Anna Valdez, a well-educated, whip-smart, quick-tongued and sharp-witted Assistant State’s Attorney." Um, uh, yeah, sure.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I started watching this show last night (eXfinity on-demand) because of this thread. I was always a fan of the various Law and Order shows, Criminal Intent being my favorite. I never watched the other "Chicago whatever" shows.

This one is entertaining, but there do seem to be a lot more things that leave you scratching your head than what the other shows ever had. The 2nd episode; they don't know who to charge because they don't know when the victim was injured, but then they go to all the trouble of prosecuting the police officer and only after he pleads guilty does it occur to them that the timeline of when the victim started acting sick might be an indication of when he was injured? The other shows may not have always been realistic, but they seldom left me thinking the main characters were idiots.

Top Bottom