• Answer the Libtard: "would you hunt if animals could shoot back"

• Total voters

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    ok so i posted something like ...guns are not bad...people are blah blah blah...some girl says i am mentally ill for having semiauto weapons....i asked her to define semi auto thinking she was confusing it with full auto "assault" rifles...she says why do you need said rifles...i say for hunting, sport, self defense etc...then some guy asks me this::facepalm:

OK, you own guns legally and I'd guess you are a responsible gun owner--keep them locked up and away from the kids, if you have any, unless they're properly supervised. Great. I wish there were more like you.

But, may I please ask you this question? You may find it to be a bit "out there," but go with me, OK? If the animals you hunted could somehow shoot back, would you still be hunting?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Interestingly enough he just made your point for you. If the victims in CT had been armed (like the deer in the forest) no-one would be hunting them.

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    Yes I would, the only difference would be that I may hunt less with the threat of equally being shot. It's like hunting dangerous game; sure, there are those that still hunt animals that could kill them, but on the other hand there are even more hunters out there that would not hunt anything that could kill them because they are afraid of getting killed themselves. This is the same argument for self defense firearms. Sure, there are those who would still attack people knowing that someone could shoot them back, but there are many more that would avoid attacking an area where someone may be able to shoot back for fear of being killed themselves.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Many of the big game safari animals do hunt back. Many things in the wild hunt humans.
    Never understimate natural dangers. Take for example Alexander the Great, who went into a deep depression because he was bored. He had already conquered the known world and didn't know what he would do for fun. His demise was a desease. What killed him that starts with a mosquito bite.

dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    ok so i posted something like ...guns are not bad...people are blah blah blah...some girl says i am mentally ill for having semiauto weapons....i asked her to define semi auto thinking she was confusing it with full auto "assault" rifles...she says why do you need said rifles...i say for hunting, sport, self defense etc...then some guy asks me this::facepalm:

OK, you own guns legally and I'd guess you are a responsible gun owner--keep them locked up and away from the kids, if you have any, unless they're properly supervised. Great. I wish there were more like you.

But, may I please ask you this question? You may find it to be a bit "out there," but go with me, OK? If the animals you hunted could somehow shoot back, would you still be hunting?

Anytime you post a comment about firearms on a social network you can expect to get a verbal lynching from the uninformed.:twocents:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Interestingly enough he just made your point for you. If the victims in CT had been armed (like the deer in the forest) no-one would be hunting them.

Excellent.

This should be the response to the question rather than addressing the straw man.

five5toad

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Greater Indy Metro
    If the animals you hunted could somehow shoot back, would you still be hunting?[/B]

Idiots need to think before they speak. If ol' boy, or anyone else for that matter, is THAT concerned with the welfare of animals and their "inability to defend themselves," ask him how many cute, defenseless little woodland creature perished from the construction of the neighborhood he CHOSE to live in; from the homes his loved ones live in; from the building and property his job is at so he can earn money to pay for his cell phone and internet service to view MSNBC?

Hypocrisy is fun, isn't it?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Many of the big game safari animals do hunt back. Many things in the wild hunt humans.
    Never understimate natural dangers. Take for example Alexander the Great, who went into a deep depression because he was bored. He had already conquered the known world and didn't know what he would do for fun. His demise was a desease. What killed him that starts with a mosquito bite.

LOL, for sure. Guess that guy's never seen the video of the leopard launching a full scale assault on the hunting party. Or a charging elephant. Or someone gored by a rhinoceros (not to be confused with rhino).

Even our nice and quiet North American animals have taken a few victims during our time here.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    He started strong and then tied his shoelaces together and fell flat on his face. The only thing he accomplished was reaffirming what we have always said about the prey (good guys) having guns to take out the predators (bad guys)

Top Bottom