• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    We will go there if it is a strategic and economic advantage. Israel and oil. I'm sure the numbers are being crunched.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    patch_koolaid.jpg

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    libya doesnt have enough oil to justify a invasion, most viable option would be to severly destabilize the middle east and keep them fighting among themselves.

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    If we don't go in, then the "rebels" yell that we are supporting a dictator and don't care about freedom. If we do go in then we are just invading muslim lands, stirring up the anti-American hatred over there, being fodder for the "no blood for oil crowd (although they would have a fit having to protest the one over this), and the wuss Europeans would sit back and criticize us for being over aggressive . We need to wash our hands of it. Europe gets most of their oil from Libya, let them take care of it, it is right in their backyard. Or why cant the other muslim countries (Arab League) take care of their own. Lord know the Saudis have the money to finance any intervention. Egypt has the manpower. If we do support the rebels***then just what are we supporting? Do we know their political goals? Are they a coherent group or just a bunch of pissed off bitter (with good reason) people. What kind of "freedom" do they want? One person, one vote, one time = muslim theocracy ? To many down sides to this and nothing good to come out of it for us. We need to stay out.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Africa represents great oppourtunity for europe as it has for over 100 years. The biggest problem with full development of africa is stability, big business like the european merchant banking system are always going to be slow to get involved with governments that can disappear overnight. You wake up the next day with a whole new group of people to write checks for. The best and cheapest way to stabilize africa is with a large American military presence and tons of US cash. Big euro business will pay lawyer/lobbiest firms in dc to find some way to get this done, probably sugar coated in some humanitarian mission for a big media splash.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Listening to Obama yesterday I was embarrassed for him. He is truly way over his head, an incompetent phony.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    They are still too breathless to protest anything at this time, the great one was on TV today assuring them everything was fine.
    A reporter, I don't remember his name, had an interview on today where Libyans were asking, "Where is the US? Why haven't they come to help or save us?" The first thought that came to my mind was that we (the US) are evil until someone thinks that we can help them, then we are evil if we don't help them or can't help them.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    If we don't go in, then the "rebels" yell that we are supporting a dictator and don't care about freedom. If we do go in then we are just invading muslim lands, stirring up the anti-American hatred over there, being fodder for the "no blood for oil crowd (although they would have a fit having to protest the one over this), and the wuss Europeans would sit back and criticize us for being over aggressive . We need to wash our hands of it. Europe gets most of their oil from Libya, let them take care of it, it is right in their backyard. Or why cant the other muslim countries (Arab League) take care of their own. Lord know the Saudis have the money to finance any intervention. Egypt has the manpower. If we do support the rebels***then just what are we supporting? Do we know their political goals? Are they a coherent group or just a bunch of pissed off bitter (with good reason) people. What kind of "freedom" do they want? One person, one vote, one time = muslim theocracy ? To many down sides to this and nothing good to come out of it for us. We need to stay out.

Europe does not get most of their oil from Libya. No one gets most of their oil from Libya, Libya does not have that much oil

The Saudis would be morons to get involved, they thrive on not getting involved. If they get involved, they recognize that their are serious issues in the region, which would have the potential to further the threat of unrest in their backyard. The ironic thing is that doing so would allow them to drive the price of oil sky high, but they wont out of pride, which is good news for the rest of the world.

I want to point out that I dont understand this thread at all. The current administration is reluctant to even set up a no fly zone. I expect that we will eventually, but only after we get the UN's blessing, and even still, I think we will be treading lightly. This administration has no desire to get involved. There is no reason to get involved, and unlike a previous administration, we have enough self control to take a step back. This will not be "Obama's Iraq", in fact, it is far from it. I would be surprised if we end up with ground troops there, outside of what is needed to establish a no fly zone.

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    The United States has projected an image as a protector to the rest of the world. When someone gets in trouble they run to the U.S. just as a child runs to their parents. The countries of the world always ask "where is the U.S." Why don't they ask "where is France"? France has recognized the rebels , let them help them. This, of course, is ridiculous as France is full of bravado but never acts!!! Let the European nations who have an economic dog in the fight help in Libya. These countries, particularly France, should do something for themselves instead of shooting off their mouth and then setting back and waiting for someone else to do something!!!!

Top Bottom