• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

Ok, it’s a gimmick. Doesn’t mean I don’t have one in .22mag on order through Bobcat… it’ll go right next to my Bond Arms 2 shot 10mm derringer.

But I want one. First new gun of 2023.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Ok, it’s a gimmick. Doesn’t mean I don’t have one in .22mag on order through Bobcat… it’ll go right next to my Bond Arms 2 shot 10mm derringer.

But I want one. First new gun of 2023.
    Anything to help add to your collection.
    Supporting a firearm company is money well spent.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I don't think they're a gimmick.

However, they are a very very niche product.

And niche products are OK as long as people realize they are niche products and don't really try and put them into use outside that niche.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    I don't think they're a gimmick.

However, they are a very very niche product.

And niche products are OK as long as people realize they are niche products and don't really try and put them into use outside that niche.
    My NAA minirevolver does a fine job of dispatching raccoons in the live trap. Would I use it for self-defense if it was the only thing I had? Certainly. Do I expect it to be a good tool for that job? No.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I posted this once before.. Owners manual says "Do not carry the pistol with a live cartridge in the chamber"? Bottom of the first paragraph. WTH good is it if it's not loaded?.
    YYMV but I will find other ways to spend hard earned $$$$

Attachments

• lifecard.jpg
      lifecard.jpg
      277 KB · Views: 5

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I posted this once before.. Owners manual says "Do not carry the pistol with a live cartridge in the chamber"? Bottom of the first paragraph. WTH good is it if it's not loaded?.
    Just about every owner's manual I've ever read says to not carry with a loaded chamber. I always do tho

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009

When it is folded the striker is slightly rearward and while I need to look it over thoroughly, I don’t think it can contact the rim of the round when folded.

Regardless, I did not buy it to be a carry weapon, I bought it to be a novelty and I can afford to do so.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I want one! Has anyone fired the 22Mag version?

Oh, it does [edit] need to be in the safe-partially-cocked position to close. Regardless of the instruction book, it looks safe to carry closed with one in the chamber. You still need to open & fully cock it to fire.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    I ran a few rounds through it today. The .22wmr does not kick hard at all. It is surprisingly comfortable to grip and fire. No sights, but then I don’t expect to do any shooting beyond a few feet with it if I were to ever use it. Initially, I was concerned about removing the spent cartridge, but with a thumbnail it actually proved to be quite easy.

I’m rethinking about whether I would want to carry it as a deep concealment weapon. Currently I carry an LCP and the .22wmr energy is comparable to a .380 from a short barrel. Of course, it is a single shot, and you have to flip up the barrel to load the next round, and extract a new round from the little compartment.

It would certainly conceal a lot easier than my LCP, and I would have more options of where I could carry it on my person. So I’m going to retract my earlier statement about it being a gimmick. I do agree it is a niche, but one that could be useful.

I also plan to buy the .22lr barrel for it since it’s a direct swap.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Because it's a niche item meant for certain niches and isn't marketed / designed as a defensive weapon?

Top Bottom