• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Are all the rumors true about them ending the lifetime license.

No, and most people who spread that rumor don't even know who "them" is.

Just wanted to know if anyone had hard evidence so this rumor can be put to rest.

The burden of proof lies on the person asserting the claim.

Such a change would require a modification of Indiana Code.
    If such a bill is ever attempted in our State Assembly, the hard evidence of its existence will be ridiculously easy to verify.

In spite of this, the rumor will never die. People like spreading rumors. :D

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Wasnt long ago there was a thread where a member actually spoke with a State officer, from the records division, who said the logistical nightmare would make repealing it nearly impossible. As common as permits have become, I would think if it were ever on the plate the regular news would be covering it.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Actually the rumor is true. "They" found Elvis, and Elvis said he would give "everyone" a Cadillac if Indiana would stop issuing lifetime permits!

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Well, I heard they are going to change it so you have to expire when your lifetime permit does.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Just wanted to know if anyone had hard evidence so this rumor can be put to rest.

It's been tucked in bed, pillows fluffed, bed-time story read, glass of water offered, prayers said, light turned off and door closed.

So, why does such a rumor insist on getting back out of bed, coming downstairs, and complaining that it's not sleepy???? :dunno:

Seriously, this question/comment/claim gets brought up on a regular basis around here.

Also, it's a LTCH ...why is that an important distinction? Because if it's a Concealed Carry Permit, then a bunch of us would be breaking the law every time we go out in public. Mine is valid at least for my entire lifetime and, possibly, beyond that should I be carrying at my untimely demise. ;)

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Wasnt long ago there was a thread where a member actually spoke with a State officer, from the records division, who said the logistical nightmare would make repealing it nearly impossible. As common as permits have become, I would think if it were ever on the plate the regular news would be [STRIKE][/STRIKE]covering it.

Yeah, hunting down all the Lifetime holders and making thier permits expire would not make for good press for the State. Im sure Dick Lugar would vote [STRIKE]in favor of it[/STRIKE]against it, though. He's such a staunch supporter of Indiana gun owners and all.

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Hate to bump this up, but if you do a search for 'Lifetime Ending', you'll see how many times this has been discussed (and sometimes locked) before.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    picture.php

Here we go again!

But hey, look on the bright side, OP has 50 posts now.
    picture.php

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Moderator, please make this a sticky. Please.

Why? People already don't believe we have a FAQ and it's in there- Oh wait, I get it. You want to start a new INGO meme:

"Read the stickies!"

"INGO has stickies?"

<and there follows much laughter>

No, I don't think so. Just keep linking to the FAQ. That's why we have it. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom