Light at the end of the tunnel ... I hope.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I am a police officer. Last August 10th I stopped a car and while I was walking up to the car, I stepped on some uneven concrete. I turned my left ankle inwards tearing two tendons and a ligament (%$#@*). It hurt. I went to the comp doctor and was told it was a sprain and they gave me an X-ray. He then told me I still had a sprain but he also found a cancerous tumor on my ankle and I needed a ct-scan right now. The scan showed a calcium deposit on my ankle but also showed at least one torn tendon (that sucks). A couple of weeks of PT did nothing. I was then told that I would need an MRI. That showed two torn tendons and a torn ligament, I would also need surgery (sucks more). A couple months of rest and a lot of PT. I went back to work in Janruary for a brief three weeks. They found that the ligament was still torn and they needed to do it all over again. I was scheduled for surgery again the next week. I went to my car and cried. Yes I did. This time they fused two bones together to anchor the ligament. Three weeks in bed, I am tired of TV. After being on crutches for almost a year, my right leg is 2 1/2 inches bigger than the left so I required PT for the right leg for the pain and swelling. I've been going to PT now for about 35 times for both legs and am recovering great. The doctor and therapist say I am ahead of schedule. The whole idea is to do only what they say and the exercises at home ... nothing more. I go back to "light duty" on Tuesday, next week and hope for full duty by the end of the month.

Note: If you have a friend that is down like I am, give them a call. I miss the people at work and have received a few calls from them. It is always nice to hear from someone. The wife has been great. I can't say enough.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Ouch!
    Can you get some ankle support to wear on that side when you go back to work? My son has them for football.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    WOW, all that from uneven concrete! I don't even know what to say other than that I will say a little prayer for your continued healing.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Ouch!
    Can you get some ankle support to wear on that side when you go back to work? My son has them for football.

I have a brace that I will wear for a while. Too many holes in back yards to trip over. Right now I am wearing a compression brace for swelling. It's odd to look at your shoe and see a gap on both sides of the tounge of the shoe. Thanks for the concern.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I am a police officer. Last August 10th I stopped a car and while I was walking up to the car, I stepped on some uneven concrete. I turned my left ankle inwards tearing two tendons and a ligament (%$#@*). It hurt. I went to the comp doctor and was told it was a sprain and they gave me an X-ray. He then told me I still had a sprain but he also found a cancerous tumor on my ankle and I needed a ct-scan right now. The scan showed a calcium deposit on my ankle but also showed at least one torn tendon (that sucks). A couple of weeks of PT did nothing. I was then told that I would need an MRI. That showed two torn tendons and a torn ligament, I would also need surgery (sucks more). A couple months of rest and a lot of PT. I went back to work in Janruary for a brief three weeks. They found that the ligament was still torn and they needed to do it all over again. I was scheduled for surgery again the next week. I went to my car and cried. Yes I did. This time they fused two bones together to anchor the ligament. Three weeks in bed, I am tired of TV. After being on crutches for almost a year, my right leg is 2 1/2 inches bigger than the left so I required PT for the right leg for the pain and swelling. I've been going to PT now for about 35 times for both legs and am recovering great. The doctor and therapist say I am ahead of schedule. The whole idea is to do only what they say and the exercises at home ... nothing more. I go back to "light duty" on Tuesday, next week and hope for full duty by the end of the month.

Note: If you have a friend that is down like I am, give them a call. I miss the people at work and have received a few calls from them. It is always nice to hear from someone. The wife has been great. I can't say enough.

Glad to hear you're on the mend and good luck with a full recovery!

The part I highlighted in red can't be emphasized enough. In some cases, doing so can help save lives.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Glad to hear you're on the mend and good luck with a full recovery!

The part I highlighted in red can't be emphasized enough. In some cases, doing so can help save lives.

Amen to your highlighted area. Just a call and say "Hi, how are you" goes a long way.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Glad to hear you're doing well with your recovery after all you have been through. I know first hand that being injured and going through surgery and recovery sucks. Keep your spirits high. We're all pulling for you.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I am very serious about part of my first post. If you have someone that is off work for sometime, do something. Call, send a note, ask if they need anything, drop by or if possible meet them for lunch. This means so much to a person. I have yet to receive a call from any supervisor on up. Maybe they have something more important but checking on your guys is too important not to do.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I am very serious about part of my first post. If you have someone that is off work for sometime, do something. Call, send a note, ask if they need anything, drop by or if possible meet them for lunch. This means so much to a person. I have yet to receive a call from any supervisor on up. Maybe they have something more important but checking on your guys is too important not to do.

Absolutely.

Top Bottom