• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had to get a new phone 12 for work, and discovered that Magpul appears to have quietly stopped making cell phone cases. The newest Magpul cases seem to only be for iphone 8/X only. No 11s, 12s, etc. So I started poking around. Looks like Magpul was contracting with Labilus to produce the branded cases and for some reason stopped. Yet Labilus continued.

I compared my old Magpul case side by side with the Labilus case and besides the branding, found absolutely zero difference. To the point its obvious if it was a copy, there would be a lawsuit.

Hope this helps anyone wanting a new Magpul case.

Amazon product ASIN B07NNR4BD7

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Could it be that Magpul buys the cases from Labilus or whomever is the base manufacturer? And they just got out of the business because other than gun folks, they probably didn't have much of a market for cell phone cases?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Could it be that Magpul buys the cases from Labilus or whomever is the base manufacturer? And they just got out of the business because other than gun folks, they probably didn't have much of a market for cell phone cases?
    Yes, sorry. That is what I was implying. Probably werent selling enough to hassle with the branding, etc. so they quit. I suspect they probably came up with the pattern based on their PMags and Labius maintained the rights to the design at the end of the agreement. I'm just glad we can still buy them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My opinion: Otterbox or nothing.
    I love the Otters for high impact rugged use. That is my go to for the phone I use as a camera for family vacations to the beach, hiking, etc. Defender is GREAT for kids too.

But for EDC when you arent abusing them and still need to put it in your pocket, these are good.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My current case is an Amazon Diztronic with a glass screen protector. I buy the screen protectors in 3 packs. They fit both my wife's phone and mine. Both of ours have cracked screen protectors.

I'll change them at some point.

I used to do Otterbox but I don't like the bulk.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Phones especially the screens are much better than they used to be.
    my XR IPHONE has been in a rather inexpensive case since new. The screen protector did crack but that was because it started to peel off the screen.
    once you get to the newer generation iPhone we have now they don’t always need expensive protectors.
    won’t be getting a new screen protector for it now. Been payment free two years. Won’t upgrade phone till they come out with USB C charging iphones

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    great info, I was a fan of the magpul cases, I was sad they didn't offer one one for the model on my last upgrade.

Top Bottom