• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    I have a feeling if HP-38 and Winchester get discontinued that Alliant might come up with a substitute. They did it with Clay Dot.

But if you look at their website, they say Clay Dot is not for "metallic reloading". A quick Google search shows how many people use it for pistol loads. Great powder, hope it stays around for a good long while...

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    But if you look at their website, they say Clay Dot is not for "metallic reloading". A quick Google search shows how many people use it for pistol loads. Great powder, hope it stays around for a good long while...
    I'm sure that other shotgun powders which weren't developed for pistol cartridges were once considered "shotgun only powders", i.e. 700x, 800x, Unique, Red Dot, Green Dot, Blue Dot, American Select, e3, WST, WSF, Clays, Solo 1000, etc.

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Well if true I agree with the premise. Problem is pistol powders are still very hard to find. On the way back from Florida we stoped at 3 BassPro Shops and 2 Cabelas. I found two pounds of Power Pistol. No Unique, no Bullseye, no Titegroup. I never saw any evidence that any of them ever carried BE86. It's getting depressing.

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I know most people hate Gander Mountain and I can sure get frustrated with their ridiculous ammo prices, but I have noticed that a few of them are starting to carry some pistol powders.

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    If you're going to shop big box chains (and I really really try not to) Gander Mountain in my area is the worst choice. Cabelas has a much better selection of reloading supplies. Bass Pro Shops is even better. I have 3 Gander Mountains and 1 Cabelas relatively close. I cecked all of them and found nothing pistol powder wise. On the way back from Florida we stopped at 3 Bass Pro Shops and found pistol powder (very limited quantities) at all three.

BrettJudy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2015
    Greenfield
    I know most people hate Gander Mountain and I can sure get frustrated with their ridiculous ammo prices, but I have noticed that a few of them are starting to carry some pistol powders.

Ngdonut. I could not reply to your pm because I do not have 50 posts yet, but yes. Pastor Judy is my dad. How do you know him?

Top Bottom