• sbu sailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    South of Center...
    Anyone have one of these? Store ? thec4m3ron

View attachment 41450

I have severely limited space, and for now purchased a Lee Breech Lock Hand Press. I am considering moving up to a Turret Press in the not-so-distant future. This outfit looks just right for me. Tuck it away on the closet floor when not in use, press attached. This seems much more appealing than a 2x4 and c-clamps at the coffee table! ;) I'm just wondering, how much weight should be put in it... if someone has one. :) If not, I guess I will eventually be the guinea pig.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    It looks kool.... 150 bucks kool,, not for me. It's still gonna have to be clamped down, it will get pushed around when you start pulling the press handle.
    I would rather spend fifty bucks and buy a aftermarket strongmount and bolt it to a piece of plywood. And get a 20 dollar powder measure stand. And put the other 80 bucks in with your press upgrade. It might be enough to get you into a Hornady Lock & load.. And that's from a Dillon guy.
    If you buy it, please post how it works out.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    The more weight the better, especially for rifle sizing. My bench weighs 400 lbs and I can move it by yanking on the handle.

Fwiw, I think it was Chezuki who posted pics of his setup. It's a folding tripod stand for press mounting. The coffee table height will destroy your back in short order if that is really your plans.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    If you're planning to buy the Lee Classic Turret press, they make a tripod stand specifically for that press. It is ideal for someone reloading in a limited space and roughly half the price of the above.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Last edited:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    It looks kool.... 150 bucks kool,, not for me. It's still gonna have to be clamped down, it will get pushed around when you start pulling the press handle.
    I would rather spend fifty bucks and buy a aftermarket strongmount and bolt it to a piece of plywood. And get a 20 dollar powder measure stand. And put the other 80 bucks in with your press upgrade. It might be enough to get you into a Hornady Lock & load.. And that's from a Dillon guy.
    If you buy it, please post how it works out.

Saw those myself, the pedestal in the middle is hollow and made to put weight in to hold it down.

I'm looking at making my own variation of it, but clamping to a solid little folding workstation table I have, it's got a bottom shelf I can toss some weight on if it turns out I need extra.

This is the table I have, and the little thing is quite sturdy. First set it up and hopped up on it and jumped up and down. Solid.
    http://www.amazon.com/Keter-17182239-Folding-Work-Table/dp/B001CWX26Y

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

rala

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Evansville
    I did the bench grinder for about a year. worked fine exept no storage. I bought a tool cart fron Harbor Freight,(item 95659 )put a wood top on to mount the press. when done push it n the corner.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I took over my wife's sewing room tonight while she was at card night with the girls because I'm the MAN of the house. Holy CRAP she just pulled in the drive....... I've got to go for now, so I can get all my stuff put away. :runaway:

If I haven't posted in a couple days and you see my name in the obituaries, somebody needs to make sure she doesn't sell all my guns for what I told her I paid for them. :spend:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    That box looks ok, but I really do not see much benefit. Screw the press to a board and clamp it to something. A desk, take a drawer out of the kitchen cabinet, the back bumper of your pickup, a picnic table, etc. Take a look at my picture album on my profile page. That little box is 16 X 16 X 8 and I loaded ammo pretty much anywhere while I was back in school. It should not cost much extra to simplify.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    That box looks ok, but I really do not see much benefit. Screw the press to a board and clamp it to something. A desk, take a drawer out of the kitchen cabinet, the back bumper of your pickup, a picnic table, etc. Take a look at my picture album on my profile page. That little box is 16 X 16 X 8 and I loaded ammo pretty much anywhere while I was back in school. It should not cost much extra to simplify.
    Wow, you are the best organizer and packer I know. My wife is a great packer, but she won't go down to my reloading area and straighten it up. I should have taken that in consideration before our marriage, but it's too late now.:):

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I bolted my Lee Turret Press to a 1x8" piece of oak about 18" long with the bolt heads counter-sunk into the board. I then use 2 hand clamps to clamp the board to the desk in my man-cave/office. It holds pretty well. I can then throw everything in the closet (or under the desk) when I'm not reloading. Saves more $$ for bullets, powder, primers, flowers, etc.

Top Bottom