• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    This is something that I have been preaching about for a while now. My introduction to Glocks was with a G22, and the first 3 rounds fired were all stovepipes. My wife had the same issues. Gave the Glock platform another try, and bought a G26. With a little practice, I was able to learn to shoot them without issue, as did my wife. After giving the Glock a full summer to evaluate it, I still couldnt settle into it comfortably, and sold it to my brother, replacing it with a Browning Hi-power. It is a little heavier, a bit larger, but I shoot it well, its never had any mechanical issues, and carries just about as well as the little Glock.

They arent bad pistols, but they arent for everyone.

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    This is what happened to my friend a few weeks ago, she had 3 fte in 30 rounds. I fired her glock with no problems... Told her what she was doing wrong, and it seemed to help a little bit.

On a side note, my xdm goes boom limpwrist and all :P

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I wish you guys would HUSH!!!
    I love buying a semi auto that has these issues.
    I bought 2 Glocks and 3 1911s that wouldn't "WORK RIGHT". I fired them all with no issues. OF course I'm a strong GUY and don't have a case of "Limp Wrist" at all.
    I still have the 1911s and sold the Glocks off 'cause they don't fit my hands. Glocks are great guns.
    Shhhhhh!!! Please

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I wish you guys would HUSH!!!
    I love buying a semi auto that has these issues.
    I bought 2 Glocks and 3 1911s that wouldn't "WORK RIGHT". I fired them all with no issues. OF course I'm a strong GUY and don't have a case of "Limp Wrist" at all.
    I still have the 1911s and sold the Glocks off 'cause they don't fit my hands. Glocks are great guns.
    Shhhhhh!!! Please

ROFLMAO

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    I was under the impression, that if you, "limp wristed" ANY semi auto handgun,
    you would have stovepipes, failures .....

You are correct, but some models are more susceptible to LW than others. I learned to shoot on metal framed pistols and never LW and still don't LW on metal frames; but when I started firing the lighter polymer models I LW a lot. After doing research on INGO and other places I learned to identify the problem as limp wristing, the physics behind it and corrective actions in form and strength. My form was acceptable; arm, wrist and grip strengthening was the cure. For grip strengthening I can highly recommend the prohands grip master. I had to start out with the light tension model and work my way up to medium tension. They are available online or in stores. I picked mine up at Dick's.

After 3 months of strength training I realized I was not LW at all anymore with the lighter pistols. YMMV

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    I have had a Gen 2 G19, Gen 3 G27 and G22, and never had a stovepipe in any of them. I have had students shooting G19s, G23s and G22s having limp wrist problems on the range which we were quickly able to straighten out, even when shooting the one-handed from the hip stage of the qualification course. I have also seen this problem occassionally in a BHP or 1911 shooter.

To me, it is a problem of poor technique. THIS is why we take our combat weapons out and test them until they are "proven" to us. Fixing this problem with a Glock shooter, or anyone else, will make them a better shooter with any other handgun they pick up.

So...train to win. And eat some red meat for goodness sake, Mary!

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    My wife was having problems with limp wristing her G19 shooting one handed with her week hand. We got her straightened out though. Without a doubt, in classes I see the most malfunctions in the XD series of pistols. This is mostly attributed to the grip safety.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    None of my Glock's have malfunctioned. My G22 I shoot .40 .357sig and 9mm through it. The only problem I have had with it was shooting reloads. I think you can limp wrist enough to cause a problem but I am betting it would have to be a really weak grip. Commercial ammo and a decent grip is all you need for a reliable Glock.

Disclaimer, before the reloader's jump me like a bleeding man in a pool sharks... Yes I know you can reload reliably for a Glock. Just the reloads I had were not optimal for my Glock pistol.

Last edited:

bmyers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    i vote you just run 14 pound springs in your glock iffn you're having probs.. for a 9mm that is.

+1. Limp wrist and all, they'll run with 14# springs.

I have a G30 that I cannot make jam, but have a G17C that will stovepipe 10/10 if not properly held.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I have several Glocks and have never had a FTE problem . However, my 10 year old stove pipes my G27 but not the G34.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I was under the impression, that if you, "limp wristed" ANY semi auto handgun,
    you would have stovepipes, failures .....

I have tried to make my XD9 fail by limp wristing, and have not succeeded After a couple years, and thousands of rounds, I am still "failure free".

Top Bottom