• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    After several years of EDC, my PF-9 was starting to get some surface rust on the body side (left) of the slide after about a week of carrying. I usually just took a little WD40 on a rag and brushed it away. Poor finish from the factory but it is a Kel-Tec.

So after a little research on this site, I contacted INGO member sumphead. After a few PM's and about a week. I had it back. He did a great job. Even touched up the white on the sights.

I have carried it for about 6 weeks now, and it's doing great. A trip to the range showed no ill-effects (I didn't expect any but had to be sure.) The pistol cleaned up great. The before pic really didn't turn out as good as I had hoped.

Before:
    20130418_191852_zpsfb7bb926.jpg

After:
    20130523_225825_zpsd6134424.jpg

Last edited:

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Never seen a dark brown frame before, but I guess it was a limited run along with the navy blue frame. I have a PF9 with a hard chrome slide and OD green frame, and its been great right out of the box.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Never seen a dark brown frame before, but I guess it was a limited run along with the navy blue frame. I have a PF9 with a hard chrome slide and OD green frame, and its been great right out of the box.

I bought it mid 2010. There was a light grey frame available at the same time. I think the dark brown was officially called "wallet brown." I haven't seen another like it.

Top Bottom