• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I can't believe they left this one off the list...

4625168622_a408f61584_o.jpg

toybot studios: The Best Rubber Band Gun in the World

Tims87gn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    Funny how they made a big deal out of the SKS back in the 90's calling it an assault weapon, but it got left off this list... kinda disappointed. But at least we won't have to worry about a killer going into a mall and killing people with a Barret .50...didn't realize that was an assault rife. Silly me...
    What did Dianne do, go through a gun catalog and just pick out the scary looking ones like the last time? Like I've been telling people, the laws already in place would not have prevented this mass killing. If you banned all guns, they'd use bats or machetes...

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    We all need to remember this was just the bill as proposed as yet to be carved and reworked by legislative aides and writers. This list is just the beginning. Once it hits the group think committees it will include much much more.
    As much as we debate and scrutinize what did or did not make the list the anti-gun crowd is scrutinizing it from the opposite perspective.
    This is nothing but the opening salvo.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Serious question...

This is one of the listed exemptions...

The legislation excludes the following weapons from the bill:
     Assault weapons used by military, law enforcement, and retired law enforcement

I'd almost say this would only cover agency issued firearms. But when they add the "retired" in there I'm not sure it wouldn't exclude any of the banned items personally owned by LEO's.

:dunno:

And again... I'm not looking to start an "us-v-them" thing. I don't believe you'll find a LEO on the board that agrees with any of this.

Last edited:

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    This is only the beginning. If this becomes law, the first time someone kills kids with a revolver, revolvers will be on the list.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    this is just the list of specific names there is also a list of banned features like pistol grip, bayonet lug and that shoulder thingy that goes up.

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    smoke and mirrors. Designed to make some people think "whew.. not mine". It bans everything. "All semiautomatic rifles that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: pistol grip; forward grip; folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; barrel shroud; or threaded barrel."

IF it can accept a detachable magazine it is banned. Now there are a few listed exemptions listed by model (if I was an AR manufacturer I would change the name of the AR to that model name).. but they are basically bolt or pumps or lever action.

DO NOT sit back and say "this is so over reaching that the supreme court will throw it out".. same was said about campaign finance and obamacare.. and we are only one retirement from them rubber stamping anything BHO wants. Get busy getting everyone you know informed and fired up to call their rep and senators.. This must be stopped now.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons-ban-summary

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    smoke and mirrors. Designed to make some people think "whew.. not mine". It bans everything. "All semiautomatic rifles that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: pistol grip; forward grip; folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; barrel shroud; or threaded barrel."

IF it can accept a detachable magazine it is banned. Now there are a few listed exemptions listed by model (if I was an AR manufacturer I would change the name of the AR to that model name).. but they are basically bolt or pumps or lever action.

DO NOT sit back and say "this is so over reaching that the supreme court will throw it out".. same was said about campaign finance and obamacare.. and we are only one retirement from them rubber stamping anything BHO wants. Get busy getting everyone you know informed and fired up to call their rep and senators.. This must be stopped now.

Assault Weapons Ban summary - Assault Weapons - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein

Couldn't have said it better than myself.

The thing about Feinstein is she has based pretty much her whole career on the fact that she was the first person to find Harvey Milk after he had been shot. She has ridden that fact her entire career, this little dance included.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    i like how the list says "all AR rifles including xyz" and people are like "whew, my Palmetto isn't listed!!!"

Yeah, they are all encompassing with the "all" but then specify models.

They should only list one or two for examples.
    or
    They should list none.

surferfox72

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    south bend
    if you read between the lines...that's every gun except revolvers...what rifle out there doesn't have some kind of "shroud" or wood over part of the barrel? And pistols are Encased in metal or plastic...too many ways for them to get us on this

Top Bottom