List of Cheap Chinese made products that actually work.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DriverAndrew

Marksman
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jul 10, 2015
    Columbus
    Many shooting/sporting related items made in China are quite functional at a great price.

Please give your experience along with the manufacturer and ballpark price of the item you are recommending.

Recommendation #1 - Cree LED flashlights.
    Cree LEDs are cheap and come in a variety of inexpensive formats on ebay, amazon, and others. And yet, they often work great at the price. I bought this mainland Chinese "Skysted" Cree XM U3 flashlight off Amazon for a little less than $20. It is rated all over the place in lumen output, but I believe that a conservative estimate is 750. It has never failed, and it can be mounted in flashlight mounts and rings as shown. For an amateur or enthusiast night time hunter it will absolutely work great.

OneHarryMess

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2016
    Central
    Unrelated but I opned this and a GLOCK ad popped up lol
    I absolutely avoid anything made in China but I could use a new flashlight for my Marlin..

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I steer clear of Chinese products unless it's an AK or AK mag. I like to support America every chance I get.

Is there a reason you don't buy an American made AK or AK mags? Just wondering why they are different to you than everything else. It's an honest question and not trying to be confrontational because I'm looking at getting into the AK game and it seems like there are US companies with good offerings.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The 5 H.P. Chinese made Honda knock of engine I put on my 50 year old tiller when the original brigs went south (would still be running if I had not loaned it out) is a seriously nice piece for the money.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Nothing says friends like loaning out a piece of equipment only to get it back with a locked up motor. Been there done that...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nothing says friends like loaning out a piece of equipment only to get it back with a locked up motor. Been there done that...

This fool used my 50 year old tiller to dig a drainage trench. Burnt the valves out of it.
    He still can not understand why I call him an idiot.
    No, he did not fix the tiller. I did not discover the issue for a full year. Only use it in the spring.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This fool used my 50 year old tiller to dig a drainage trench. Burnt the valves out of it.
    He still can not understand why I call him an idiot.
    No, he did not fix the tiller. I did not discover the issue for a full year. Only use it in the spring.

I guess it all is based on the overall quality. When I was a kid in the 80s, dad and I did something similar. We used a John Deere tiller with a Tecumseh H60 on it. We used it to break up the dirt for a barn footer. probably a 130' trench 3' deep. Yeah, they dont make stuff like they used to. :dunno:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I go out of my way to avoid non-American made products.

So you own nothing from Vortex, Swarovski, Schmidt and Bender, Falkniven, Mora, Nikon, Cannon, Yeti, Samsung, Apple? And you watch what you buy from Trijicon, Nightforce, Leupold, Zeiss, Kershaw, Sig Sauer, Walther.......?

True, not all of those are Chinese but some brands have products/lines from China.

American made isn't as special as it once was. Plenty of quality items coming from overseas now, and many products better than what we make.

To find someone who buys everything American, wears everything American, carries all American would be something hard anymore. Boots and some clothing sure American. But do you carry a $80+ American made pen? Wallet? Knife?

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    The 5 H.P. Chinese made Honda knock of engine I put on my 50 year old tiller when the original brigs went south (would still be running if I had not loaned it out) is a seriously nice piece for the money.

Don't know if it's true, but I had heard some of the Honda knock off stuff is actually produced with the old machinery that Honda decommissioned and sold off.

Vilage.Idiot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    What I said was I go out of my way to avoid non-American made products. I did not say I had zero foreign products. But I do my best. With that being said. No I only own 1 of the brands you listed and I will spend more for American made over foreign made any day. My job is not in retail or manufacturing, but it IS directly related and the more manufacturers to move out of the US the less work I have Therefore it is only common Sense that I support those that I wish to support me and my lifestyle. Also not only is the problem that Oreo will be foreign made , but they are leaving America to do so.

jzwhts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Mooresville

I did the exact same thing after I loaned mine to my neighbor. To be fair, it was already pretty bad shape. Runs great now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't know if it's true, but I had heard some of the Honda knock off stuff is actually produced with the old machinery that Honda decommissioned and sold off.

It is so close to the real deal that distinguishing the diff. is hard.

It has sat outside covered only with a large tote and a weight to keep it in place.

Fresh fuel and 4th tug on the rope.........up and tilling.

Top Bottom