• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Been pretty pleased with POP guns.. they get pretty busy at times but it's a convenient place to go and nothing but a bunch of good ol' guys

kspa57

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Avon
    Where are you located? Atterbury is a great range, run by nice people. There are no hidden costs, no deposits. They hold your DL while you shoot, and you pay when you are done. $6 per hour. They do sell ammo, targets, and reloading supplies, but you can bring your own targets and ammo. Oh, don't forget a staplegun or tack to hang targets.:welcome:

Avon, I did go to Atterbury, its nice people, cheap, clean. Thank you for the input, its a little far, but well worth the drive. My hands froze there that the only negative I got, but as far as customer service I'm amazed, the best I have seen so far(my experience). Thank you though. Oh and don't go by the GPS I turned of the Greenwood exit I think 2A, and went thru all 30+ traffic lights + traffic:xmad:, took about 1-2 hours to get there. My buddy told me after I have came back that I could have taken 465 to 65........oh well got my anger out on the range :ar15:. My 2 cents input.

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    are there any outdoor ranges around Bloomington?

The nearest outdoor range is Atterbury. Take SR-46 east to I-65, turn north then get off at the SR-31 N exit. Take SR-31 N to Hospital Rd, turn left and the range is about half mile on the right. About 45 miles from B-town

beevans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Speedway
    Been pretty pleased with POP guns.. they get pretty busy at times but it's a convenient place to go and nothing but a bunch of good ol' guys

Can get frustrating if you don't have a range membership since range members go to the front of the wait list. Definitely recommend going early in the week to avoid watching other people shoot for a couple hours.

forkliftdave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    madison
    I just got a new Springfield 1911 loaded 45 and I would like to test it out. I here alot of indoor ranges require a class before you can shoot.let me know some of the rules. Thanks

fatmatt1981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    North Vernon
    I've been shooting at Crosley FWA in North Vernon since I was a youngin....it's a public range...no membership or any fees required.
    They did an upgrade approx. 2 yrs ago...put in a 15yd range to go with 30,50,100,and 200yd ranges.
    A skeet area is also available.
    Since it's a public range, it gets really busy on the weekends...to the point you have to sometimes wait for the specific spot you want, and shoot closely with others.
    No range officers so it's come as you are, and do as you dare so to speak...other than the occasional DNR employee, or a conservation officer. You have to fill out a small range card and keep with you...all it does is say which range you used, where you are from...and dismiss the state from any accident that may occur.
    That's the only downside to the range in my humble opinion....sometimes it can get a little hairy when people don't obey basic safety rules. Usually it's really fun, but all it takes is a teenager blastin cans on the ground with a .22 to make ricochets everywhere a problem.
    I like to go early through the week, when everyone is usually at work....having an entire range to myself is nice. Especially when it's been a heavy fog/dew....or a slight hint of a recent rain early in the morning....such a peaceful experience for me honestly.:cool:
    The DNR has cracked down on obeying posted rules recently...if you don't leave at the posted time, they'll give you a $85 ticket!
    The norm used to be shooting till it was almost too dark to see...now they've got posted hours that you have to adhere to.
    The place also has no amneties(sp?)....just old pit style toilet.

Last edited:

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    I live in Fort Wayne does anyone know of any public ranges in my area?

Look at H and H Firearms on Directors Row. They have a range. I'm not from the area but dropped by there one time and it seemed like a decent enough place. Also look on wheretoshoot.org and the ranges listed here on INGO.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I go to Crosley FWA south of N Vernon for rifle. They have a 200 yd range. its not the closest but it is my favorite. it gets busy before deer season but the waiting time usually isn't terrible the rest of the year.
    Marion County Fish and Game is a great range. It's well maintained and is constantly being Improved. Membership meeting is this Tuesday Feb. 8. You cannot shoot rifle calibers at MCFG but most everything else is fair game

jthom19802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    I live in Fort Wayne does anyone know of any public ranges in my area?

I would highly recommend H & H Firearms. Friendly, knowledgeable people who don't care if you're there to shoot or there to buy; no pressure whatsoever, they are simply there to help.

As I said very knowledgeable so you could take even the greenest novice in there and those guys will spend all the time you need to feel comfortable with buying or shooting guns; conversely as I said no pressure. If you know your stuff and you're just in there to browse or shoot they have no problems leaving you alone. Very friendly, but nobody gets commission so you won't feel like you're stuck in the middle of a car dealership unless you want to. That's in the store, in the range I've never seen more than one person there and all he cared about was my fee and if I needed anything like paper or muffs.

It is $12 annually for the membership, from the day of payment so make sure you don't sign up until the first day you shoot. $5 bucks for an hour or $7 for the day, per person. They have ammo and paper for sale or you can bring your own; they have earmuffs you can use or bring your own. There is a small lounge area with couches and tables and vending if you're planning on "making a day of it".

If I'm recalling correctly, its 12 lanes split into three separated ranges; I'm failing at distances right now (50 maybe?) but I do now they have no issues with me shooting my .22 rifle and have never mentioned any restrictions (obviously they want you to take care of your shells).

They sell everything from mini-pistols to shotguns to semi-automatic assault rifles and I never got the impressions I couldn't just buy one and walk into their range if I wanted. Could be wrong though.

SBGR55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    North Central IN
    Good Morning All! I work part time at the Kingsbury F&W Range located south of LaPorte. It costs $4.00 per person per day. It has a trap range that has 5 lanes and mechanical throwers. 10-50 yard lanes, 5-100 yard lanes and 15-pistol lanes-10,15, 25. 4 bucks a day isn't bad. You bring eyes, ears, ammo, and targets we just supply the place to have the fun

Top Bottom