Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I did notice a post yesterday that I thought would get the attention of the Mod Squad. Must've not gone well after that.

I know he's been showing a lot of frustration over all this stuff going on now and he's been teetering close to the edge a few times. I guess I'm not all that surprised that he finally went over. I get it. His livelihood has been severely impacted.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My uncle who served in Vietnam as a Marine taught me how to drink warm Budweiser. Said that's how they did it over there.

Had a buddy whose grandfather fought for Germany in WWI. I remember him (the grandfather) drinking PBR... at room temperature. :puke:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did notice a post yesterday that I thought would get the attention of the Mod Squad. Must've not gone well after that.

There has been a series of angry posts from him. This one was the last straw so to speak.

I know him in the real. Tough part of knowing so many on the board. I did not give him the time out.

30 days in the hole.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I suppose this BS is hitting some harder than others. I hope he has another outlet so he doesn't do something stupid.

I have been sitting at home for a couple of years now and the Panic frustrates me to the point that I have had bad thoughts about pols and newsies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Sometimes the offending post... "goes away"... :shady:

Unless it was something vulgar or violent you wouldn't want on a public board I don't see the reason for removing it. If something was posted to get someone banned it should be left so others can see what happened so there's not a ton of posts asking what happened to so and so lol. Most likely it's so there isn't a ton of posts monday morning quarterbacking the banning?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Unless it was something vulgar or violent you wouldn't want on a public board I don't see the reason for removing it. If something was posted to get someone banned it should be left so others can see what happened so there's not a ton of posts asking what happened to so and so lol. Most likely it's so there isn't a ton of posts monday morning quarterbacking the banning?

I usually leave the post but this was a direct attack on the OP in that thread. Even then sometimes I leave it and put an in thread warning as to this activity.
    Some staff just remove it to stop the thread going sideways. We have more than enough of that right now.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My uncle who served in Vietnam as a Marine taught me how to drink warm Budweiser. Said that's how they did it over there.

Because you HAD to do things a certain way, doesn't mean you have to CONTINUE to do it that way.
    I used to wake up in a 400 foot long sewer pipe that smelled like a hundred men lived in it, because they did live in it.
    I did not wish to continue that experience.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    When all you can buy is warm beer, you have to do something until the refrigerator/cooler gets the job done.

Because you HAD to do things a certain way, doesn't mean you have to CONTINUE to do it that way.
    I used to wake up in a 400 foot long sewer pipe that smelled like a hundred men lived in it, because they did live in it.
    I did not wish to continue that experience.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure everyone already knows this little Denny, cold liquids shock the system and less is absorbed. You stay less hydrated with cold water. You get drunkerer with warm beer. And less trips to the bathroom.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom