• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    The other day I decided it was time for an AR build. As usual I hit the INgun classifieds first and ran across a new unfired LMT lower and it was actually fairly local to me . Hmmm, I had never seen an LMT anywhere before and really didnt know much about them. Used some google-fu and found pretty amazing feedback on LMT so I snatched it up. Went home and fumbled on what upper would best suit it. Well heck, why not just use the upper made for it so off to gunbroker. Picked up an LMT standard complete upper with CL and cryo barrel. Now it is the waiting game till it gets here. Never held one of the LMT rifles but this lower has some pretty darn good quality and the Single stage trigger has to be one of the best I have ever laid my grubby on. What is the general consensus on LMT in general?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    LMT is a Tier 1 manufacturer and has been in the game longer than most. I couldn't be happier with mine, you've got yourself a great rifle in the works.

LMTSBR.jpg

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    LMT is among the best. Many companies have good receivers, but what gives LMT the edge are the parts. Good choice.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    That is some great reassurance and Phylodog that is one sweet build there! As you can tell I am a bit new to the black rifle disease but it has set in and I am hooked. This will be only my third AR. Started with DPMS and wasn't to impressed then moved on to RRA. The RRA was actually pretty nice but still didnt have what it took to fix the itch. I have been a big pistol guy for a long time and dabble around with rifles from time to time. It takes me quite a few to find a keeper when it comes to firearms. Now this darn black rifle thing is way beyond what I have dealt with. Shoot there are just WAAAAYYY to many ways to set one up and dont get me started on parts. I know right now that one rifle will in no way fix this itch. Once I get my 16" fix I think there is no way around it, an SBR has got to come next! Pics like Phylodog's are not helping!!

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    While kids have sugar plumbs dancing in their heads I cant clear my mind of these :D Something about the MRP series is just sweet if you can get past the sticker shock :eek:

cqbpu12.gif

cqbpu16.gif

lmt308flatredo.jpg

cqb_mrp_defender_model_16_1.jpg

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I'd take a LMT over a KAC.

Agreed! I've got an MRP CQB Defender (about to SBR the lower), I've shot a lot of AR's, but this one is by far my favorite. I'm fairly confident I could abuse the $#!t of it and it wouldn't miss a beat! I've been pretty rough on it so far and never an issue!

Top Bottom