• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    All I can say is WOW! I have been using strictly unique since I started reloading about a year ago. I have read and read about the metering issues with it and honestly, I guess I didn't believe it fully. My LCT drops unique charges within+ or - .15 or so and for my crappy shooting ability, that was fine with me since I was loading middle power anyway.

Insert 231 into hopper, and magically all charges are the same!!! 10 throws, 10 charges at 4gr! I cant wait to shoot them. Hopefully they shoot as good as they load.

I have a feeling, I may see some group tightening, which is much needed. :yesway:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    SHHHHHH! Quit telling everyone how good the obsolete old Winchester/Olin powders are. Let the new guys fight over the new, trendy stuff and leave the WW231 powder for us old guys that are tired of developing favorite loads for every new powder.

theslasher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Knox
    Unique sucks. There have been advancements in the last 115 years.. Ive been loading for 10 years and first shot some 45 acp unique loads over the winter.. Ive never seen my gun more dirty.. And they were pretty hot loads also. Over 6 grains with a 230 round nose... If you want a sweet shooting 9mm load try titegroup...

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Unique sucks. There have been advancements in the last 115 years.. Ive been loading for 10 years and first shot some 45 acp unique loads over the winter.. Ive never seen my gun more dirty.. And they were pretty hot loads also. Over 6 grains with a 230 round nose... If you want a sweet shooting 9mm load try titegroup...

I have a lb of that too.....guess I need to make a few up to compare to the 231.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Unique sucks. There have been advancements in the last 115 years.. Ive been loading for 10 years and first shot some 45 acp unique loads over the winter.. Ive never seen my gun more dirty..

LOL

Try Bullseye. Then you'll really know dirty. Unique is definitely #1 on the suck list though.

If you want Bullseye but also want clean, you want No.2.
    If you want Unique but want clean, you want Universal.
    No.7 is really nice too. And HP-38/W231.

bocefus... +/- 0.15? you're lucky. I could get +/-.2 in my measure on the extreme ends, or +/- 0.5 in my progressive (Lee Pro Auto Disc), i.e. totally unusable. But yes, Universal, HP-38/W231, No.7 is dead nuts on every time.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I will share results but be warned, about all I can report is recoil and cleanliness. My shooting skills suck so you won't be seeing my group pics posted unless I drag out the bench and rest.

With the 231 you could shoot quite a bit better. It is the good stuff. So don't spill any!

Top Bottom