• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Well, the deer were running this morning. Saw a lot of does with fawns. My brother got a 5 point and was ready to go look for it, and this little button buck just kept coming back begging to be shot. Good thing the 44 mag dropped him where he stood, killing him instantly, because the loading gate popped out, and the next round moved back, causing everything to lock. I could not eject the spent case. The rifle was useless. I will most likely be sending it back to Taurus and the Marlin will finish out the season. Has anyone else had this problem? Sorry, the picture is a little hard to see.
    1116131323_zps1c9c2e19.jpg

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Had a brand new, unfired Marlin 1894SS 44 mag break the screw holding the loading gate in the first time racking the gun with a loaded mag tube. No fun having your new gun break trying to load and fire it the first time.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Had a brand new, unfired Marlin 1894SS 44 mag break the screw holding the loading gate in the first time racking the gun with a loaded mag tube. No fun having your new gun break trying to load and fire it the first time.

Luckily my Marlin has been trouble free. Got a coyote today while deer hunting. The Rossi went back for repair today. They didn't want to send a lable, stating they would pay for return shipping, but I had to pay to get it to them. It was not very difficult to convince them, that they needed to pay postage both ways. Hopefully I get it back in a couple weeks.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom