• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I bought some 64gr pulled tracer bullets from Pats Reloading yesterday at knob creek. He sold me 100 for $10 so I could just try them out since I always thought it would be fun to have some when I'm shooting with my friends. Turns out though, it's almost impossible to find data on those bullets. I'm not sure if can use data for a regular 64gr bullet since these are much longer. I'm in no hurry to load them, and I'm willing to do plenty of research until I find some solid data. But figured I'd ask if anyone here has ever loaded any.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have loaded up several hundred using 25gr of the surplus WC844. They work fine, but I don't see any lighting up. I was told at one time (on the internet) that the mil tracers used a different powder when originally loaded.

For plinking rounds they are fine.

Also, I only have a 100 meter range. I don't know if I would see any lighting up at longer range or not??

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    If anyone can find a load that will lite those bullets---please post it------I have loaded 80 rounds of the "pulled tracer" bullets--all types of powder combos,some with "warm" loads ,with no luck

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Look on pats and hi-tech for some 846T or 844 T , T is for tracer.
    It just may be the tracers, we've bought bags where one bag every one will light and the next bag not a one lights.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    If anyone can find a load that will lite those bullets---please post it------I have loaded 80 rounds of the "pulled tracer" bullets--all types of powder combos,some with "warm" loads ,with no luck

One thing he told me was to poke a hole in the back to help them light, and supposedly the 64gr tracers don't light until about 100-150yds out. No sure how far you're shooting yours at.

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    I've never had any luck with pulled tracers lighting. My buddy told me to use varget and it works but you still have to have minimum 100 yards to light.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Do you shoot them in the day or when it is somewhat dark out? The 5.56 is so small that when it lights it is hard to see in the daylight. I have loaded thousands of them and shooting them in the day is a waste if you want to se them light. At night it is quite enjoyable. I use wc844t and have no problem with them lighting. Also try a bit of a longer range for more time with being lit. Be careful as they will start fires very easily.

Chuck

Top Bottom