• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiana18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I would think the bread would break apart if fired with an AR-15. Has anyone tried it?

What other weird things have you all tried....that actually worked?

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    The pressure from the gas escaping the muzzle would likely destroy the loaf of bread.

If it had any effect at all, it would be very little, and only once.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    no i have not heard of oil filter supressors. no i have not heard of shaving cream / packing peanuts in a 2 liter bottle.thats all prison time..

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    no i have not heard of oil filter supressors. no i have not heard of shaving cream / packing peanuts in a 2 liter bottle.thats all prison time..

Do a google search for oil filter suppressor. There is basically a thread adapter that is considered the suppressor that you buy (tax stamp applies) that allows you to screw the filter onto it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t_pcWPdSDs[/ame]

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Do a google search for oil filter suppressor. There is basically a thread adapter that is considered the suppressor that you buy (tax stamp applies) that allows you to screw the filter onto it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t_pcWPdSDs

I see that same company also sells a "Solvent Trap" that allows you to clean your rifle, and catch the extra oil in a used car oil filter.

I wonder if anybody has actually ordered that solvent trap...

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Do a google search for oil filter suppressor. There is basically a thread adapter that is considered the suppressor that you buy (tax stamp applies) that allows you to screw the filter onto it. ...

Hmm. I'm a little concerned about this one since this letter from the ATF suggests that a "non-licensed manufacturer," i.e. an individual owner, cannot replace the oil filter without violating the NFA.

http://i.imgur.com/Eh4Pe.jpg

The adapter here is not sold as a suppressor:

Cadiz Gun Works Store

I'm not an expert on these things. It just piqued my interest, so I looked into it a bit and the red flags started to pop up. I could be wrong.

I seem to recall a soda can adapter to which the ATF also put a stop. This seems like the same concept.

Edit:
    Similar conclusion in this thread:
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/376713_Econo_Can______Registered_Adapter_W__Oil_Filter.html

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, from what I've seen, it looks like you can technically buy the Solvent Trap, and have the same sort of functionality, without the governmental oversight.

It looks to me like a free sandwich sitting on top of a large net, with a flashing sign, "Free Sandwich! Not a trap!"

I'd stay away from it, personally...looks like something the ATF will soon be looking into stopping.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Hmm. I'm a little concerned about this one since this letter from the ATF suggests that a "non-licensed manufacturer," i.e. an individual owner, cannot replace the oil filter without violating the NFA.

http://i.imgur.com/Eh4Pe.jpg

The adapter here is not sold as a suppressor:

Cadiz Gun Works Store

I'm not an expert on these things. It just piqued my interest, so I looked into it a bit and the red flags started to pop up. I could be wrong.

I seem to recall a soda can adapter to which the ATF also put a stop. This seems like the same concept.

Edit:
    Similar conclusion in this thread:
    Econo Can......Registered Adapter W/ Oil Filter - AR15.COM

I did not stop and listen well, but at the Alexandria gun show a few weeks ago, a gent was set up demo'ing that Solvent Trap. Only reason I'd noticed was a) wonder why someone had a tall STP oil filter at a gun show and b) He, fairly loudly in my estimate, said "No Sir, that would be a silencer in that case and against federal regulations. This is for gun cleaning applications only."

YMMV

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    How sad that we feel that we must be careful about revealing all of the little experiments that we performed as young men who owned firearms...The ways that we quieted down weapons,shotgun loads we created,mechanism adjustments that we made! (I mean others,not me of course) Some stories are best told among friends I suppose. How did we allow the insane to turn this nation into an asylum?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Just buy a suppressor.
    Think of how much all the wasted loaves will cost you.

That's a lot of DOUGH. :n00b:

Top Bottom