• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    With the wonderful weather and a long weekend I was thinking of going to a drive in theater this weekend. Quick search only came back with one on Tibbs in Indy and another in Martinsville.
    Does anyone have experience with either location? They both look to have same cost for admission so I guess I'm looking for cleanliness, good snacks etc.

It's been 20 years since I've been to one but figured it would be a nice date night depending on the theater.

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    Been to tibbs many times. Good movie selection and pretty good environment.. Have never had a poor experience there.. They have 4 screens and for the size and volume of people that attend that location I would say it offers plenty in regards to snacks and restrooms are resonantly clean.. The outdoor areas of the facility have always been tidy when we have attended... Can't beat the deal of the drive in at least at tibbs.. You can watch three movies for the price of admission if you can stay awake...

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The old Sky View over at New Castle is sadly closed down, and no, I never went there for any other purpose than to actually see the movies, including (among many others) Raiders of the Lost Ark​.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Used to go to tibbs a lot when I lived in indy. Always a good time. Plan on getting there early or you'll get stuck in the traffic.

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    Would it be considered bad taste to take my Jeep there instead of a car due to the height? Or maybe just park towards the back?

Thinking of the last time I went to a drive in I wasn't old enough to drive, so it's definitely been longer than 20 years.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I will say I've never been to mville's drive in but centerton or center brook is a definite pass...

One and the same. Given that it hasn't been maintained in 20 or 30 years it's not that bad, just bring your own snacks. The snack bar is questionable at best and the bathroom facilities completely suck ass, unfit for a horse much less your wife or little ones. Of course this opinion is based on our last visit sometime last year. They do have the new format digital camera and have resurfaced the screen but it's got to be a narrow profit margin business so it's taking them awhile to upgrade the infrastructure.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Would it be considered bad taste to take my Jeep there instead of a car due to the height? Or maybe just park towards the back?

Thinking of the last time I went to a drive in I wasn't old enough to drive, so it's definitely been longer than 20 years.

I wouldn't worry about that, there is no etiquette anymore. SUV and mini vans with their hatches open, lights constantly being turned off and on in vehicles, people parking poorly across two lanes and setting up lawn chairs outside their vehicles. . . . . If it's a high interest movie be prepared to deal with the douche nozzles as they will be everywhere and for the most part forget about leaving between shows, people park so stupid that at times it can be problematic to drive down the lanes.

If you do go though take a portable radio or boombox though as they broadcast the audio over FM.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I have fond memories of Double Buck Night at the Muncie Drive-In back in the late 1970's.

Each car load was 2 bucks, no matter how many people were in it.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Tibbs is clean and well run. The people that go there, not so much...... the food is good if you want to wait in line with a bunch of disrespectful fu@%$.

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    Thanks for the input. As long as the weather holds out it looks like I'll give Tibbs a try. Plan on grabbing food before going so only maybe get some popcorn.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If you ever make it south Georgetown Drive In is considered one of the finest in the nation....

https://www.google.com/?ion=1&espv=2#q=georgetown+drive+in

Georgetown-700x458.png

georgetown-drive-in-1.jpg

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I can only assume Clermont's closed down? I guess it's been about 7 or 8 years since we've been there. :(

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    Skyline drive in in shelbyville. Grass lot instead of concrete. An arcade with pinball machines. Great food in the concession stand. Reasonable prices. $8 adult $4 under 12. Sunday is carload for $24. Double feature with bonus 3rd movie on Saturdays. Gates open at 7:00. Movies start at 9:30. This weekend is finding dory followed by Independence Day 2. Fireworks this Saturday and camping.

Full disclosure: my sister and brother in law are owners. My son and I help out most Friday's. Family association aside it is a great place to see a movie. PM if you want any more info

Top Bottom