• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Comcast is an awful company to begin with. Dont even get me started on it. Contact your local phone provider and see what they offer. Sometimes they have speeds similar to cable speeds, sometimes you will have to take slower (but cheaper!) internet. Unfortunately most of Indiana only has two choices, your phone provider (ATT, Frontier, Century Link, etc) or your cable provider (Comcast).

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    We ditched ATT Uverse a couple years ago to save cost. We put in a antenna this past fall and it works fairly well. That mixed with streaming DVD player and we don't miss cable much. Most Disney shows are on Netflix(8 bucks/mo) and we rent movies on Vudu when we want to see something.

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    well Comcast is making a statement on guns (they don't like them) I for one will be dropping my service and calling them. Any suggestion for another high speed internet would be helpful. should we all leave Comcast to show are support to the first and second amendment ?:patriot:

This Local Gun Ad Was Banned By Comcast — And We Found It’s a New Widespread Policy | Video | TheBlaze.com

Ugh! The man of my life is a gamer so any suggestions on where to go for similar quality to Comcast Internet? We don't even have cable but I don't want Comcast to see a dime of mine.

adws943

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I heard this on the radio today. I was going to get comcast internet this week. Not now.Looks like dish network.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Apparently the gun-banners were dropping them because they hadn't come out against guns :n00b:....Well let's see how many pro-gun folks make them feel the heat so they'll see the light.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    I got rid of Comcast when my bill tripled after their introductory offer. With this policy there goes their ratings. Will not watch NBC again.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I got word yesterday that our commercial for gun safety courses was banned. Time to get rid of Comcast. I prolly ought to sue them to recover the money I spent on production of a commercial they sold me and now won't air.

I know it could really be a PITA to change cable companies, but if you have Comcast please consider changing and telling them why.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I got word yesterday that our commercial for gun safety courses was banned. Time to get rid of Comcast. I prolly ought to sue them to recover the money I spent on production of a commercial they sold me and now won't air.

I know it could really be a PITA to change cable companies, but if you have Comcast please consider changing and telling them why.
    If there were another cable company I would... I've had my fair share of problems with them long before they decided to ban anything firearms related - https://www.mikedvb.com/2010/11/10/comcast-extreme-lack-of-customer-service/

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I just spread this to every gun company and 2A support page on my Facebook. They're gonna feel the heat once this breaks. I hate NBC anyways because they gave that pinko commie Alex Baldwin some crappy TV show with other commies.

T2D4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011

Yes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I don't have a choice, I have to have comcast where I live. But every time I get on the phone with them I go out of my way to ruin the day of whoever I'm talking to. I worked in call-centers for 10 years and they did it to me all the time, so don't you dare try and tell me I shouldn't do it to them.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

If you pay for a service you didn't receive, it would be a breach of contract. Sue them!

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    why and how do the 1st and 2nd amendment apply to comcast in this case?

Well, if they were a normal business (say a local newspaper or any other business), then they wouldn't.

However, cable companies use government installed lines and up until recently had a government enforced monopoly on those lines. So I would say that this is a bit different than telling a newspaper what they have to print. They are selling space on government deployed fiber, in which case they should have to take all advertisement that doesn't fall outside the protections of the 1st Amendment (incitement, etc).

If they want to deploy their own fiber network and negotiate all land rights to do so, then I have no problem with them controlling content on their own system.

e-llipsis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Brownsburg, IN
    I depend heavily on my Internet connection for the work I do, but you can bet I'll be looking for a different option (than Crapcast), even if it's not immediate.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom