• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Im looking for a Indianapolis local gunsmith to install a Apex Trigger system on my M&P9 Pro Series 5 inch barrel. I want to go with the Forward Set Sear Trigger system. Would really perfer someone who has done a few trigger systems on the M&P line of pistols before. Any info or help is greatly apprieciated. Heres a link to the trigger systm I want installed.

https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid54.html

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Try it yourself! I'm not going to say its easy, but the feeling of doing it yourself is worth more than just the money you'll save.

Worse case scenario you're taking him a box of parts.

(Don't lose any parts)

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Try it yourself! I'm not going to say its easy, but the feeling of doing it yourself is worth more than just the money you'll save.

Worse case scenario you're taking him a box of parts.

(Don't lose any parts)

Absolutely. I installed mine, and it was the first time I had ever worked on a gun. I quite enjoyed it.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    I installed mine myself. It was the first time I'd done any true gunsmithing. Just take your time.

Randy has a HD video on youtube that shows you step by step how to do it. I would only say, if use a punch, make sure its a brass punch or use sight drifter. My rear sight was tight as could be on my M&P40 Pro Series 4.25 Barrel. I dinged my rear sight pretty good, but no worries as I plan on changing that out anyways.

If you do a google search about reviews for the APEX FSS and Trigger, there is one forum where Randy posted the mix and match springs combos and pound ratings, I can't remember where it was at off hand. I recommend looking for that, since Pro Series have different spring ratings than what is in the normal M&P. I had to mix to get mine to about 3.5-4lbs.

Best of luck on your journey with the APEX FSS and Trigger, you'll love it!! I love mine...

APEX FSS and Trigger Kit Install - HD
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGc3XobKiAI&feature=related[/ame]

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    We have a Certified S&W M&P armorer in-house a few days a week who could handle that project.

^^^^This!! That same armorer installed the Apex Defensive package for my M&P9c. And he does great work!

And while you wait, you can take a look at all the great deals at Bradis!

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    We have a Certified S&W M&P armorer in-house a few days a week who could handle that project.
    Ok do you know what days he works?
    ^^^^This!! That same armorer installed the Apex Defensive package for my M&P9c. And he does great work!

And while you wait, you can take a look at all the great deals at Bradis!
    Bradis is for sure one of the best gun stores. Last time I was in there I picked up a Used H&K USP45 Compact. Best price I had seen on a used H&K USP in years.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Yeah the APEX stuff is a breeze to install, the gunsmith at Bradis should be able to pop that in there pretty quickly for you.

Top Bottom