• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eachitandi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Plymouth
    My last question still stands though, does the sign carry weight of law (as in go directly to jail, do not pass GO) or is it like a private business (leave when your asked to to avoid trespassing charges).

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    My last question still stands though, does the sign carry weight of law (as in go directly to jail, do not pass GO) or is it like a private business (leave when your asked to to avoid trespassing charges).

IANAL, but unless it is listed in the Indiana code, or possibly in the Indiana administrative code(which I don't believe it is) it is just like a private business. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure that most if not all unemployment offices are in fact private businesses. Work one is a private business that does contract work for the state and the ones that handle unemployment claims have state employees working out of them.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    In the Lafayette branch they have a sheriff deputy posted inside the door every day...wonder what he would say to someone OCing or sloppy CCing. .?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    If it is not listed in the exemptions of the state law, there could be no legal recourse for carrying your firearm in there. IANAL

AS for the state building in Indianapolis, I believe it also houses courts. Just saying.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    In the Lafayette branch they have a sheriff deputy posted inside the door every day...wonder what he would say to someone OCing or sloppy CCing. .?

Try it and report back to us! :ingo:

Maybe the deputy would just ask for a valid LTCH and let you get in if it's not illegal. :dunno:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Luck with that one. It will not end well for you if you do.
    I do not like it at all but it is the way of things. We are on the teetering point in this country with 2A rights. Not sure where this will end up. Obummer just put 6 to 9 million more Liberals on the voting roles last night. That was his agenda from the start.
    Maybe when they find about the 2A they might change their minds and vote for new-found freedom--OK maybe next generation.

Top Bottom