• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have heard this rumor as well. Selling the tactical guns because stockholders do not feel the guns are family friendly. But a quick internet search turns up a lot of forums that talk about WalMart clearing out guns. This has happened in the past. My guess is that the market has cooled off and inventory was too large. WalMart relies on flipping large quantities of inventory fast to make their business model work.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The Walmarts in nicer suburban areas south of Dallas, TX cleared out all firearms and ammo 8 years ago. What was funny, is that the Walmart in a bad neighborhood not only kept selling firearms, but expanded the ammo stock. It was kept behind locked doors, but they had plenty in stock. Of course if a person wanted to shop there after dark, he not only needed to be armed, but better have an armed buddy to watch his back.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I have heard this rumor as well. Selling the tactical guns because stockholders do not feel the guns are family friendly. But a quick internet search turns up a lot of forums that talk about WalMart clearing out guns. This has happened in the past. My guess is that the market has cooled off and inventory was too large. WalMart relies on flipping large quantities of inventory fast to make their business model work.

This ^^. The market has cooled way off.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Could they be clearing out the firearms/ammo in preparation for using those stores as Jade Helm-type holding pens?

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Yeah same here (waiting). Even though I have found them online for less than $650. People are stupid if they pay $1000 for a new colt 6920

Fee free to PM me where you found them for under $650. I'd rather pay that than waste my time hoping to find one on clearance for $500

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I heard this from a friend at church as well. Haven't been to WM in years so I have no firsthand knowledge. Interesting.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    At that price I might actually be forced to enter a walmart. It would be the first time and I would only be doing it because they are losing money on the sale.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    Never believe anything the guy behind the counter at Walmart tells you.

also never shop at Walmart, but I'm not winning any converts on that one around here.

You got that right brother. Every time I go there is a lady having an emotional breakdown in the check out lane, without fail! Also, I find prolonged exposure to Wal-Mart to be just plain depressing.

bmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2015
    Depauw
    Anybody else's Wal-mart no longer going to be selling ARs? Went in today guy behind counter said this is the last one they are gonna have. I bought it a Bushmaster ORC for $428 out the door which is about 55% off what they had it listed for.

I heard the same. I was in there buying my weekly box of ammo. (I take my Mom there to get her scripts filled) I was waiting in line while a guy bought a Windham Weaponry AR. When the clerk told him, "that will be $479 with tax", I asked him if it was a .22LR. No, .223 /5.56 he replied. He said the same, that Walmart was no longer going to sell "scary (read useful) firearms. They had one more there and a Mossberg Flex for $250 OTD. I can't buy at Walmart because of their policy not to sell until they get the "proceed" call back from NICS, which they sometimes never do, and I ALWAYS get delayed. All the LGS will just let me pick it up 3 business days later, since I don't actually ever get denied. I tried to call a couple friends to come up there and get it but it was gone 15 minutes later to check on it. (I actually heard the clerk announce over the loudspeaker that he had just sold it) He heard me say I was going to try and have my buddy come up there and buy it. (For himself, not for me o course)

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Never believe anything the guy behind the counter at Walmart tells you.

also never shop at Walmart, but I'm not winning any converts on that one around here.

Interesting take...considering 75% of responders don't go there or shop limited items there.

I haven't set foot in one in over a year...my life is OK w/o it.

TacticAll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I picked up a Diamondback DB15 for $350 at Greenfield Walmart then went to Richmond and got a S&W M&P 15 22 for $250. They sold out within hours of markdown.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    I hadn't heard about it, but figured something was up when I walked through the sporting goods section a few days ago and saw a local gun shop owner buying a an AR. Guess this explains it.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't know the probability of this causing the Walmart decision but it would appear that they are engaged in a legal battle with Trinity church over the churches desire to put to the shareholders a vote on whether or not to carry "assault rifles with high capacity magazines."

Link: Trinity Church, a Walmart shareholder, suing retailer over vote on guns | Arkansas Blog | Arkansas news, politics, opinion, restaurants, music, movies and art

Walmart argued that it is micromanaging for the stockholders to dictate by vote on what products to carry and what not to instead of letting the business decide, and they were initially victorious from the SEC. The federal district court in Delaware found in favor of Trinity church, and Walmart has appealed.

To be fair to Trinity church, they are a stockholder and therefore an owner (albeit minority holder) of the company. I have mixed feelings about this. While I agree with Walmart that not every item should be voted on, I also agree with Trinity that as an owner of the company they should have the right to put any issue they want up to a vote once a year at a stockholders meeting.

Anyway, this could have absolutely nothing to do with the lack of restocking or everything. I don't know, but thought I would add some input.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom