• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    So answer me this. What have you done to better mankind? What have you done to make your community a better place? What have you done? I honestly don't know that's why I ask. I used to do a lot... sadly I have been living in my own little world shell and have not given back enough lately to put myself on the same level as a police officer. Aristotle is a personal hero of mine, and his ideas on such matters I find to ring very true. I believe Police for the most part embody the below quotes.

“We become just by performing just actions, temperate by performing temperate actions, brave by performing brave actions.”

"It is in justice that the ordering of society is centered."

"Man perfected by society is the best of all animals; he is the most terrible of all when he lives without law, and without justice."

"If liberty and equality, as is thought by some are chiefly to be found in democracy, they will be best attained when all persons alike share in the government to the utmost."

Aristotle also was a big believer in different types of Citizens not to different than Plato in some ways. See those who contribute to society, and actively participate in seeing it become better are "good citizens" those who do nothing are simply "citizens".

So in my mind yes law is essential, don't like it? GREAT actively change it. Don't hate the police for protecting law, and don't hate them for risking lives to see a greater society protected. That being said each Officer has free will and I have faith, and experience that say they do not "bend" or use strict enforcement to screw everyone over. Most of them would like to help you. Not all.. but most yes.

Thanks,
    Matthew

Holy Crap! Where did you learn grammar?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am going to start leaving a thong in my size and a HUGE BLACK double headed dildo in my glovebox, I want to see some cop pull those items out to see what is under them... maybe a jar of Crisco too.

Uhhh... who exactly do you think the joke would be on if you did that? I'm thinking you should reconsider.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    OMG what is wrong with you people?? Yes because thats all cops have to do? They wake up in the morning and think... between saving lives, protecting the peace I have GOT TO SCREW OVER 4 PEOPLE TODAY????? No I think not. There are always one off situations, rare things that happen that have been pointed out over and over because they were reported on. Where is the daily good they do? Where are the COUNTLESS acts of kindness? If you look at a percentage of what they do IF such a think would be reported (it wouldn't sell because people like you wouldn't go foaming at the mouth over it) compared to the few bad rulings or things it would BLOW YOUR MIND. I have ton's of officer friends in the past working accident scenes and the like. A few were asses most were very nice, and hard working people. PEOPLE LIKE YOU that instead of posting on some damn board they want to make a difference. Your insulting your betters here. I always had the opinion that police hate was located in the lower economic circles in large cities, so thank you folks for opening my eyes that ignorance is rampant everywhere.

Sorry police officers I promise that not all citizens are so shallow and hateful as the posters in this thread, and thank you for all the hard work.

P.S. For those bad cops who laugh at such things, and do make the rest of the Police Officers look bad THIS wont go away until you change.

Thanks,
    Matthew
    Ill start this out by saying I am 95% pro-police, especially when they are not infringing on our God given rights, some of which were outlined in the Bill of Rights. The other 5% I am fervently against their unlawful actions and believe they should be punished as any individual would be for breaking a law.
    I agree police do a lot to improve the society we live in which is why they earn a SALARY! They get paid to uphold the law...that is their thanks/award for doing their job.
    I think most people on here would agree, however, when they are caught breaking the law and trampling citizens' rights they are not punished accordingly. This (as it seems to me) has lead to a spread in illegal police action.
    I know they have a very difficult/dangerous job, but they chose it. If they are not willing to adhere to the law of the land and the oaths they took they should not be a part of the police force. Blindly praising every action they take while serving only further propagates the problem IMHO.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    A good trick for your glovebox. Go to a junkyard and buy another glovebox lock and the key to go with it. Keep this key separate from your other keys. If LEO demands that you open it just pretend that you don't know what is wrong with it. "I just opened it the other day and it worked fine Officer"

Top Bottom