Oct 3, 2012
    DENnyAward-207x300.png

Congratulations.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    quick question...can someone tell me how to start a forum?

Step 1: Make a forum.
    Step 2: Have fun.
    Step 3: Complain it isn't like it used to be during Step 2.
    Step 4: Complain it isn't like it used to be during Step 3.
    Step 5: Start new forum.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Step 1: Make a forum.
    Step 2: Have fun.
    Step 3: Complain it isn't like it used to be during Step 2.
    Step 4: Complain it isn't like it used to be during Step 3.
    Step 5: Start new forum.

That sounds vaguely familiar... reminds me of the old INGO...sure ain't like it used to be....

Where was I??

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    wanna be a mod? Everyone can be a mod! Except INGO mods (and by that I mean except RobbyMaQ)

:banana::banana::banana::banana:Yay! I always wanted to be a mod when I grow up. Do I have to grow up soon to do this?

but not our pockets, because he was stolen...first by a state trooper, and then by Paul...and then by Paul again...

I would call him a meanie, but that would be name calling so I'll just say Paul is mean...not a meanie though.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That sounds vaguely familiar... reminds me of the old INGO...sure ain't like it used to be....

Where was I??

I've seen it play out a hand full of times. One of the most memorable was a forum dedicated to a certain onliner shooter video game. Issues with one moderator ruined it for many participants and there was a competing forum set up and a mass exodus occurred after the owner repeatedly refused to step in. The original forum died completely almost overnight. The mods talked among themselves for a bit, and finally it was just tumble weeds. This was not a small forum. This was big enough that the owner was invited to launch dates for the new game. It was smaller than INGO, I'd guess, though. The new forum ran strong for a bit with the core posters, but soon the "FREEDOM!!!" guy who led the charge realized that total anarchy turned the threads into trash and personal fights and insults real quick, so the "FREEDOM!!!" forum guy started moderating. Pretty benign moderation, really, but that started step 3. That forum still exists, but its mostly a place for about a dozen of us to BS with each other and its tight knit but certainly not growing. In the end, everyone lost. I've seen a few forums peter out over the years, but never seen one flame out that quickly.

Top Bottom