• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    BLUF: Nurpu is no longer in business, Log Home Center and Supply still is, Kevin is still the owner, they carry a variety of Gransfors Bruks and Wetterlings axes.

So I was looking for a local place to get my hands on a Gransfors Bruks and/or a Wetterlings. Stumbled across an old thread on here saying you could get them from Nurpu Outdoors in Noblesville. Sadly, they are no longer in business. But the Owner, Kevin, still runs the Log Home Center and Supply at the same location. I walked in, saw Wetterlings and Gransfors Bruks of various sizes on the wall. Kevin came out and was very helpful, answered my questions, and educated me a bit. Very friendly and cool guy. He took my name down for a GB Small Forest Axe that should be shipping in in a couple of days or so. Overall, I'm pretty excited about the new axe, and happy with my interaction with this company.

Last edited:

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    I have bought a bunch of items from there in the past, but had no idea that they sold quality axes...I'll have to go back in and check it out. I pass by there twice a day on my commute.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    So I picked it up today! It is awesome. Looks like it was made by Tobias Thelin, who from the picture in the Axe Book seems to be the young man in the shop. But comparing it to some of the others, his work is top notch. I took it to the flange of a scrap I-joist on a job site. Wow, can this thing cut.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yes they are crazy sharp and great cutters. One of the most useful tools out there imo. The small forest axe is plain awesome.

Yes it is. I split a 4-5" log with it last night, did some more chopping around for a few minutes, and it is still shaving sharp. I saw the thing in a nutnfancy review on wilderness axes, and looked here to see what people thought. Sure enough, the axe and tomahawk savvy on INGO, yourself in particular, had nothing but great things to say about them. So you are definitely one of the main reasons I own this fine implement.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Wranglerstar on youtube has done a few different videos on axes. If anyone doesn't already know that. Some good information in a few of his uploads. But now he is doing vlogging so I don't watch as much.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    GB axes are amazing. I've been meaning to go back to the Log Home shop since Nurpu closed. This is mine, it's their smallest offering (hatchet) but it's super sweet.

FullSizeRender%252520%25252819%252529.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender%u0025252520%u002525252819%u0025252529.jpg
      FullSizeRender%u0025252520%u002525252819%u0025252529.jpg
      40.7 KB · Views: 1

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    GB axes are amazing. I've been meaning to go back to the Log Home shop since Nurpu closed. This is mine, it's their smallest offering (hatchet) but it's super sweet.

FullSizeRender%252520%25252819%252529.jpg

Sweet hatchet! Yeah, this axe is good at cutting, but not scratching itches. Now I want a hunters axe and Scandinavian Forest Axe. Their wedges are awesome, but $80 is a bridge too far for me, considering you need 2 or 3.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom