• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    WHO CARES?! I DON'T CARE IF YOU SAY YOU ARE BORN A CERTAIN WAY OR CHOOSE TO BE. I AM INCLUDING EVERYONE, WHETHER BORN THAT WAY OR CHOOSES. Even as inclusive of everyone I am still wrong :facepalm:

are you saying it's impossible to as a 12yo believe you were born opposite your genetics and then later in life identify with your genetic gender?

if you were born that way, and lived that way, then changed when you were older, when were you wrong?

Here's why it matters, returning to the example you chose of a basketball player. If they're legitimately living as a girl, then yes, they absolutely should be playing on the girls' team. If they're just doing it for a perceived advantage, then they shouldn't.

What you're trying to do is hold up someone trying to take advantage and claim that they're no different than someone who's unsure of their gender. It's as disingenuous as it is obvious.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Here's why it matters, returning to the example you chose of a basketball player. If they're legitimately living as a girl, then yes, they absolutely should be playing on the girls' team. If they're just doing it for a perceived advantage, then they shouldn't.

What you're trying to do is hold up someone trying to take advantage and claim that they're no different than someone who's unsure of their gender. It's as disingenuous as it is obvious.

Toughest MMA woman fighter.......

fallonfox.0.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So now you're going to quiz and interrogate people to see if they REALLY are transgendered? Who administers that test? How in depth do you have to go? A handbag? 12 hours a day of feminine garb? Hormones? Heals? Makeup?

you see my point I hope. It's nothing i'm trying to do. I want to know what makes someone truly transgendered. I am told it's up to them, but clearly you are trying to put limitations on it. So, who is the judge?

Last edited:

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    So now you're going to quiz and interrogate people to see if they REALLY are transgendered? Who administers that test? How in depth do you have to go? A handbag? 12 hours a day of feminine garb? Hormones? Heals? Makeup?

you see my point I hope. It's nothing i'm trying to do. I want to know what makes someone truly transgendered. I am told it's up to them, but clearly you are trying to put limitations on it. So, who is the judge?

Who's the judge? If it comes to that, a judge. This isn't any different than, say, figuring out whether a marriage is real or just to get a green card. This isn't a new idea by any means.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I am still just kind of shocked that people don't know what their gender is...

I always figured we humans were kind of like puppies, rabbits, cattle, etc....You pop out the chute, the doc slaps your little butt, takes a look down south and says either boy or girl.....

Is it more complicated than that????

Maybe I am transhistorical???? Everyone says I was born 200 years too late....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You're kidding, right? Whether it's a choice is central to the entire debate.

Would that matter in the disposition of the bathroom issue?

If it's a choice, would you then tell them to use the bathroom they were born plumbed for?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

It's called a birth certificate.

Gender dysphoria should not be celebrated, no one should be mislead into thinking it's healthy to be unhappy with who they are.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I love how Doc's hypothetical question is being twisted!:rockwoot:

Man INGO can be really entertaining at times. And for the record I'm from the "the plumbing should match the plumbing" camp.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    The very fact that anyone is arguing in favor of old men being allowed in the bathroom with young women because that man identifies as a woman.....(lets pause right there and realize what just happened......."THAT MAN IDENTIFIES AS A WOMAN"......so you just admitted the man is a man and makes the CHOICE to identify as something other than what he is)......ok moving on...the very fact that the country is having this discussion and so many are in favor is just plain crazy. Every single person i've argued this with tells me the same thing......"if you dont like it then just dont use the bathroom." So then i say, well if you dont like it, then you dont use the bathroom. Then i get called names. This is just pure sickness now in this country. People are so hateful of others, and so political that its wrecking our culture and wrecking the very institutions that society relies upon to function. You can use any huge long words you want, at the end of the day the truth is men are not women and vice versa. Marriage is between a man and a woman as defined, until recently when the definition of a word is changed. The problem here is that you cant change reality. But you sure can say some liberal self identification garbage and then get all the rights and protections you want and screw over everyone else for your tiny little rant. Its just plain stupid.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    The very fact that anyone is arguing in favor of old men being allowed in the bathroom with young women because that man identifies as a woman.....(lets pause right there and realize what just happened......."THAT MAN IDENTIFIES AS A WOMAN"......so you just admitted the man is a man and makes the CHOICE to identify as something other than what he is)......ok moving on...the very fact that the country is having this discussion and so many are in favor is just plain crazy. Every single person i've argued this with tells me the same thing......"if you dont like it then just dont use the bathroom." So then i say, well if you dont like it, then you dont use the bathroom. Then i get called names. This is just pure sickness now in this country. People are so hateful of others, and so political that its wrecking our culture and wrecking the very institutions that society relies upon to function. You can use any huge long words you want, at the end of the day the truth is men are not women and vice versa. Marriage is between a man and a woman as defined, until recently when the definition of a word is changed. The problem here is that you cant change reality. But you sure can say some liberal self identification garbage and then get all the rights and protections you want and screw over everyone else for your tiny little rant.

I'm questioning not only the necessity of bathroom laws like this. seeing as these people have been using the bathroom they have wanted with no problems I can find for a long time now.

But more is this law effective? what exactly does it set out to do? you want to keep men out of the women's room right? does this do that? hell no. women who have transitioned to men, with burly shoulders, loaded with hormones, body hair, and deep voices, are going to be FORCED to go to the women's room.

So again I ask, what does this law succeed in doing? other than **** people off?

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Mark Levin had a great segment on this. He pointed out this has nothing to do with gay rights. Numerous gay people called it and agreed with him, and all the ones I heard thought this target rule was idiotic.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm questioning not only the necessity of bathroom laws like this. seeing as these people have been using the bathroom they have wanted with no problems I can find for a long time now.

But more is this law effective? what exactly does it set out to do? you want to keep men out of the women's room right? does this do that? hell no. women who have transitioned to men, with burly shoulders, loaded with hormones, body hair, and deep voices, are going to be FORCED to go to the women's room.

So again I ask, what does this law succeed in doing? other than **** people off?

Here's a start:

Transgender 6-year-old wins civil rights case to use girls' bathroom at Colorado school | Fox News

This would be an easy case of 'if it's not broken, don't fix it' aside from the fact that we have a microscopic subset of the population using government as a bludgeon in order to receive unreasonable accommodation and more important government-enforced acceptance. Just as with the refusal to accept civil unions not including the word 'marriage', it is a matter of demanding the government engage in policing thought, nothing more and nothing less. I, for one, would be happy with a return to the preexisting situation in which there was no particular regulation or control, but Steve was not given legal protection to be able to put on a dress and hit the john with my young nieces. More specifically, while the matter is disgusting enough at face value, my larger concern is that such legislation and court rulings open the door for pervs to ride piggyback under the protection of the law.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    I, for one, would be happy with a return to the preexisting situation in which there was no particular regulation or control, but Steve was not given legal protection to be able to put on a dress and hit the john with my young nieces. More specifically, while the matter is disgusting enough at face value, my larger concern is that such legislation and court rulings open the door for pervs to ride piggyback under the protection of the law.

But again my question is did this law succeed in its goal? large men named Steve (formerly named Susan) are now mandated to go to the same bathroom as your young nieces.

734px-Buck_Angel_Headshot.jpg

This guy's name is Buck Angel (caution before you search that, he is an adult entertainer) but he was born Susan and now he is required to use the women's room in NC, if he doesn't and risks going to the men's he faces prison time in some cases.

Now you are worried about a slippery slope. but here is how this really goes. Mr. Angel looks like a man, and will most likely cause a stir in the women's room, the police will be called and Mr. Angel will have to go through the effort to "prove" his birth gender. after he goes through this a few times he is going to get fed up and start sueing for harassment. He will win, get a fat paycheck, and out of fear of judgments against them municipalitys will instruct LEOs to stop enforcing the law. Now you have normalized men in the women's room and cops aren't getting involved any more. Well now your feared future of pervs having the ability of abusing the situation has come true. congrats.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All things that probably should have been considered before changing one's gender I suppose

Well, who knows. Maybe Susan will beat the statistics and be one of the transitioned transgendered who's life doesn't end in suicide.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well, who knows. Maybe Susan will beat the statistics and be one of the transitioned transgendered who's life doesn't end in suicide.

really? They gave a greater than 50% suicide rate? Which it really encourage people not to be transgender then. It's dangerous.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I don't want to change my gender, but I am now 5 years old and I can fly for free with a full fare adult.

Top Bottom